Another oil stash thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Bill_W
It's like women and their shoe collection.

And purses.

Nice work. I cleaned out meijer a few weeks ago of PP and mobil1 10-30hm and some valvoline 5 and 0-20. All in all I ended up with around 100qts, averaging .80 cents a quart. The bad part was the wife was with me who asked "why"? I needed my own cart, at which time we ran into the town "rich couple" who I'm sure get their cars serviced at the dealer and pay as much as I had in my cart for 1 change. I held my head high and filled the back of her rogue with great pride. I have cove in the back of the garage that looks like I knocked off a Napa store.

Originally Posted by KneeGrinder

[Linked Image]

Boy if that isn't more than a 3 month supply you'd better extend your OCI by a month or so.

Originally Posted by Malo83
Have your wife put you down out of your misery.
39.gif

lol.gif

But first, ship that oil to me. I'll put it in my vault and swim around like Scrooge McDuck.

I'm impressed, good job.

If it keeps you happy and sober, good on you!

Certainly not hurting anything!

Makes my stash of 116 qts look pathetic.

There was a recent thread on stashes though

Here is the most recent pic from 2 months ago, I have used 10 qts, but added 15 since this was taken.

[Linked Image]

My average cost is $1.14/qt

As for those who don't get it, that is fine. I am sure there is something in your life that others don't get either.
We all have hobbies/collections that others consider weird.
Oil is a commodity, it will always have value, and if it is bought at a good discount and is something that will be used, why does it matter to you?
Is it an addiction, sure, there is the "thrill" of finding the deal and a bit of "bragging rights" with it.

I think they have TV shows for this kind of thing, lol. I have to imagine the savings buying in bulk is offset by investing that much money tied up in oil though. But as someone else said if it makes you happy, that's great.

Hmm.........I think im close to his level ??? Those 5 gal pails got me shakin lol

I'll post pics of MY stash in a few days and let my BITOG brothers decide lol hehe
13.gif

Dave

Originally Posted by tony1679
Okay, okay... Holy #&*%
shocked2.gif
You win on quantity. Not by a large margin, but enough to notice. I'm impressed!

BUT, I win on cost per quart. Currently my cost is sitting somewhere around -$3/qt. I buy my oil with previously purchased oil. And it keeps paying me back. Once I receive my rebates, I'll be about $500 in the green (pure profit) for taking all of mine. Not a cent out of my pocket. If I don't receive the rebates, I'm still about $175 in the green. It's like investing without risk. And I don't get penalized when I cash out/sell stock!!!
crackmeup2.gif

I have to claim a win somewhere dang it!
lol.gif

I'll take pics of my stash tonight if I get time.

" This is how the thread really got started "

It started with side chatter between Tony1679 and I, so I started a thread instead of mudding up someone else's thread.

I own 70 to 80k in oil stocks so I hardly think this is financially stressing at all, lol! Not sure why some think this is some horrific disease.

Today I changed the oil in the TL-S = 5 qt, trans too = 4 qt . Tomorrow both trucks, both trucks together = 25 quarts. So, 34 quarts less inventory!

Originally Posted by Kira
What are the 8 paper tags on the "floor bottles"?

Receipts.

Originally Posted by addyguy
I'm impressed, good job.

If it keeps you happy and sober, good on you!

Certainly not hurting anything!

It has nothing to do with my sobriety, I quit drinking alcohol because I have severe migraine headaches, alcohol makes them a lot worse. Oil doesn't seem to make them better or worse. I just like the idea of good quality oil at a cheap price already sitting on "my" shelf waiting for me to use it. Mobil Delvac 1300 @ $25.00 per 5 gal for my Ford makes me smile. Mobil Delvac 1 esp 5W40 @ $60.00 per 5 gal for my chevy make me happy too.

What happens when all that oil is out of spec? Or do you use it up before that happens? Or you don't care?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ka9mnx
What happens when all that oil is out of spec? Or do you use it up before that happens? Or you don't care?

This keeps coming up.
If you are one to always be getting new vehicles every 3-4 years it could be a concern.
If not, then a stash with "old" spec is not an issue.

All my stash is at least SN, with quite a bit of it being SN+ (Except my T6). None of the 7 vehicles I service spec above SM, so I have no issue with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back