Post a picture of your oil fill hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be a fun one. I could not find a thread with just oil fill hole pictures :ROFLMAO: - so lets make one!. Just snap a picture (or two) and post basic info - vehicle make/year and engine type, OCI, oil used, current miles on unit, any notes you wanna add, ect.

Lets see em!. :)

2012 Kia Koup 2.4L(Theta II) 6MT 123K current miles, OCI no more then 3750 miles under previous owners care. From here on out it will be getting Valvoline Advanced synthetic in 5W30 with OEM filter @ around 5K OCI or twice a year whatever comes first.

My thoughts: Looks very nice looking through the fill hole - no varnish nor any sludge is visible and it burns no oil. Even the cap is pretty clean considering the age and mileage.

IMG_0415.jpeg
IMG_0416.jpeg
IMG_0418.jpeg

Looking great!

Some random people will try to tell you "your oci is too short", "you're wasting money", etc...

Don't care about what they have to say. Because they can stick to their extended oci's, and you can stick to your own oci.

It's your car, and you're taking great care of it. Keep doing what you're doing. There's no such thing as "too short of an oci". Actually, there's no such thing as "too much maintenance".

I never go over 5k miles. 5k miles is max for me. All my engines look sparkling clean inside with zero varnish, and that's what I like to see. I love maintaining my cars, and I don't mind changing the fluids often.

I'm gonna have to post my cars picture tomorrow. 2010 Ford Taurus sho with the 3.5 Ecoboost. My engine is sparkly clean. Running 0w20 now, and so far the engine is the smoothest with 0w20. It's too late and cold outside right now for me, I will post mine tomorrow ;)

No photo, but ... At 126470 miles, the bottom side of the oil cap of my Prius looks very clean. So does the baffle(?) below, which is all I can see through the opening. (On my Mazda, I could see and touch the chain through the oil fill opening), much like Bluehound's Ford above.)
The most notable and annoying feature of the Prius fill opening is that the cowl above it covers about half-way across the opening, making it impossible to use a large conventionally shaped funnel, or one of the fancy kind that screws into the threads of the opening. A hypothetical funnel with D-shaped cross-section might work. I use a relatively small conventional funnel tilted forward to clear the cowl on its rear (top) side, and resting against the plastic engine cover on its other side. The smallish outlet of the funnel, combined with the tilt angle, means I must pour slowly. It's not nearly tall enough to pour from a full 5-quart container safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back