another jeep recall

hrv

This one is great....2022 to 2023 recall 345000 of them...The reason is the rear coil spring can detach while they are moving...Wow cant even make this one up....this is for the Jeep Grand Cherokee

We just received a recall notice for burning and uncontained clutch failures on the Wife's Wrangler....how long have clutches and coil springs been around?? 😄
Jeep Dodge Chrysler a once proud American Company....Once not no more...

We just received a recall notice for burning and uncontained clutch failures on the Wife's Wrangler....how long have clutches and coil springs been around?? 😄
Probably because manuals are the best anti-theft device, and most folks have no clue on how the drive them.
Manual Wranglers aren't the easiest to drive smoothly at the best of times.

Probably because manuals are the best anti-theft device, and most folks have no clue on how the drive them.
Mine being a '98 has the AX-15 5-speed manual. It is very notchy. I added a B&M short shift kit which made it even more notchy, but the throws are definitely nicer. It is very easy to drive as far as starting on a hill is concerned from all the low-end torque of the 4.0L, I could start out in 2nd most times if I wanted to, but it isn't the smoothest transmission.

One big benefit of mine being manual is none of my family members or siblings ask to borrow it.

I'm guessing that in an effort to lighten the clutch for a big portion of their market (I swear every other college girl here on the Cape has one) they made the new Wrangler clutches what they are now; touchy and delicate... I need to really concentrate to get a smoother shift in my Wife's. No feel to the clutch at all, but at least the gearshift is decent.

I'm guessing that in an effort to lighten the clutch for a big portion of their market (I swear every other college girl here on the Cape has one) they made the new Wrangler clutches what they are now; touchy and delicate... I need to really concentrate to get a smoother shift in my Wife's. No feel to the clutch at all, but at least the gearshift is decent.
My clutch is basically new (I installed a Luk clutch kit and new flywheel last year) and it still has the feel of a dump truck. :LOL: Adds to the charm though.

That's my Tacoma in a nutshell, so not just a Jeep thing. 3rd by far is the worst to try and get it into. It's not a deterrent for anybody in my family to drive though. Heck, my own mother drove it the other day when the battery went flat in her car.

This one is great....2022 to 2023 recall 345000 of them...The reason is the rear coil spring can detach while they are moving...Wow cant even make this one up....this is for the Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ahhh yes, another "let's crap on Stellantis" thread because nobody else has recalls, right? :sneaky:

This is the "new" Alpha Romeo platform (WL) GC's. The Durango is still on the old WK2 platform, which is why it isn't affected.

Honda recalled 564,000 CR-V's back in April because the rear subframe can rot and the rear suspension detach from the vehicle:

As noted in the article, this is on the heels of a recall for the mirrors, where the glass can fall out, which in turn is on the heels of a recall for seatbelts that don't latch properly. 🤷‍♂️

Where were you on this one:
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2019-2020 RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid vehicles. The front lower suspension arms may have cracks, which may result in the suspension arm separating from the front wheel assembly.

Or this one:
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid, Camry, Camry Hybrid and Lexus ES300h and 2019-2020 RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid vehicles equipped with 2.5L 4-Cylinder engines. Porosity in the engine castings may result in cracks than can allow coolant to leak internally and/or externally.

There are lots more...

EVERYBODY has recalls, it drives me nuts when people make threads pretending that their favourite brand has never even heard of the idea of recalls, let alone ever has any.

Ahhh yes, another "let's crap on Stellantis" thread because nobody else has recalls, right? :sneaky:

This is the "new" Alpha Romeo platform (WL) GC's. The Durango is still on the old WK2 platform, which is why it isn't affected.

Honda recalled 564,000 CR-V's back in April because the rear subframe can rot and the rear suspension detach from the vehicle:

As noted in the article, this is on the heels of a recall for the mirrors, where the glass can fall out, which in turn is on the heels of a recall for seatbelts that don't latch properly. 🤷‍♂️

Where were you on this one:

Or this one:

There are lots more...

EVERYBODY has recalls, it drives me nuts when people make threads pretending that their favourite brand has never even heard of the idea of recalls, let alone ever has any.
“Yeah well that’s just a supplier problem Toyota didn’t catch, so it’s not actually Toyota’s fault!”
-Every Toyota fanboy, ever
IMG_7773.jpeg

I must've missed where this turned into one of those threads.

Back