Another crazy story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My frined is not big on doing his own mantinence but he tries.
He drives a 97 4runner v6 4x4 with 165k on it.
He decided to change his oil the other day and shortly after calls me telling me its acting weird and not driving right.
I meet him somewhere and look under the hood and all looks and sounds normal.
I go to test drive it and the the trans is slipping real bad and I tell him that its almost transmission time.
Then Im like that cant be so I pull over and we both look under neath the truck and I ask him to point at the plug that he drained from.
He points at the transmission drain plug!!!!!!
Not only did he drain the trans, but he aded 6 qts of oil on top of the 6qts already in the engine!!!
The truck was probably driven about 4 miles with maybe 4 qts of transfluid in the tranny and 12 qts of oil in the engine!
Luckily were near an advance and we stop there and refill the tranny and drain the 12 qts of oil and refill to the proper amount.
I wonder what would have happened the engine if he continued to drive with 12 qts!!

crushedcar.gif

I am amazed the motor wasn't billowing any smoke. I would have expected oil up through the PCV...

Had to be some serious oil churning going on in that crankcase!

They should make it a law that when you buy a car or truck you must learn what fluid goes were and make sure you know what fluid your changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back