Another 08 corolla oil ? - Oil Filter, Toyota or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback on my Synthetic Oil question. Now, another question please.

I have been using the Toyota oil filters (oil change done at the dealer- decent price with coupon) on my wife's 02 Echo and now on my 08 Corolla.
The filter is the 90915-YZZF2, Denso - Made in Thailand. I have stayed with the OEM filter as it seems to be of good construction.

With my 08 Corolla, Using synthetic Mobil-1 5W30 and 5,000 mile oil changes, is there any good reason not to use the OEM filter? I have seen suggestions to use the M1 filter or perhaps a K & N ( where do you get them?) and I have also been advised to use the Toyota (Denso) 90915-YZZF2 and not worry about it. What about the F1 (the longer Toyota filter) any advantage in my circumstance?

The Toyota OEM filter is extremely well constructed, better in my opinion than Purolator Pure One. As for better filtration I cannot say but from now on I will use Toyota OEM on my Corolla and Kluger/Highlander. I am using Castrol Edge 5W-30 in the Corolla and Mobil 1 10W-30 so far in the Kluger but will change to Castrol when my Mobil stash runs out.
Roger

I am running the pure one 14476 and 14477 (longer one). Mostly cause what I read and hear they are pretty good and for the fact I can get them at amazon.com 2 for 1. I run the pure one on my zx9r, and was running them on my fusion before I traded it in for the corolla. Never had any problems with them, nor any other filter I have used for that matter.

How come everyone bashes fram for their cardboard end caps, but not Toyota's cardboard end caps?

I've cut open most filters avail for the corolla and posted the photos here. I have not tried a Mobil 1, K&N or Amsoil due to cost for 5000 miles is not needed.
nono.gif

The best ones I think for 5k run is Supertech for $2.67
approved.gif
(they were a real deal when below $2).

No need to spend the $$ for a 5k oci. I'd rather spend the hundreds of dollars over the life of the car on other stuff.... Like gas.
smirk.gif

Bill

Bill do you change your filter every oil change? I am undecided about going 10k on the filter or swapping out every oc. Granted I now have enough filters to make it to 100K on the car so I guess I might as well use them

Quote:

No need to spend the $$ for a 5k oci. I'd rather spend the hundreds of dollars over the life of the car on other stuff.... Like gas.
smirk.gif

Bill

Bill;
Are you saying that 5K is too short a time between oci's or are you saying the synthetic is an unneeded expence over dino with 5k intervals???

sceva

Never mind Bill; I re-read you answer in re dino vs synthetic in my other post and it answers the question above very well.

Thanks

Quote:

Quote:

smirk.gif

Bill

Bill;
Are you saying that 5K is too short a time between oci's or are you saying the synthetic is an unneeded expence over dino with 5k intervals???

sceva

in a nutshell you do not need syns for that motor. his best uoa from his car came from GTX and Penzoil dino oils. he runs them over 5k mile intervals BUT his uoa's show that he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back