Annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a Canon A570IS last night for $268.00 shipped.

And tonight, I get on pricegrabber, and the new price leader is selling it for $260.00 shipped.

I lost $8.00!
mad.gif

Think I'm gonna call tomorrow to cancel if I still can...
pat2.gif

$8.00? Why sweat it for $8.00? Buying computer/electronic stuff is a point-in-time decision. You get the best you can get at that moment. Price fluctuates all the time.

$50.00? Yeah, I'd be upset, but only $8.00, I'd wait for it to arrive at your door and enjoy it!

cheers.gif

I guess that's what I get for buying a camera that isn't officially released. Every vendor is still making up their mind as to what price they want to charge.

Just think, with that $8 you could almost buy four quarts of Super Tech oil (taking taxes into account)!!!

Quote:

Just think, with that $8 you could almost buy four quarts of Super Tech oil (taking taxes into account)!!!

Or 8 quarts of Chevron.

No joke sprintman...

Don't believe the hype. Lots of camera stores are out-and-out shysters.

Froogled a genuine Nikon telephoto lens for my D50, "bought" one from this hole-in-the-wall outfit in NYC, then a salesman called. Claimed they were "out" of this very common lens and offered some off brand. No thanks. Cancelled order. Am pretty sure the order prints out at a salesperson's desk there and not in the warehouse-- so they can start "working the mark".

Just be happy when it shows up.

Apparantly some of the nicer credit cards offer price protection, but it varies whether they require you to use print ads, stocking retailers, etc. AMEX is usually one of the best for these shenanigans.

Yes, a lot of bad camera shops on the internet. I only buy from Amazon.com and other trusted sites (barnes & noble, etc..).

$8??? Thats nothing
smile.gif
Wash your dad's car for $10 and that will make it up.

Well, you folks won't believe this.

I call this morning to cancel, and they said it was too late in the process (even though the order hadn't shipped). If I had wanted to cancel, I would need to pay a 5% fee. I said forget it.

Get home, and get an e-mail that says the order was canceled. WHAT ????

Turns out, VISA called yesterday to confirm that a $268 order was made online. They do this for verification reasons. No one was home to pick-up. They called again today to confirm, my mom picked up and authorized it. I thought no big deal.

Guess what? Apparently the guys at the camera place got impatient with me and just canceled the order as they couldn't wait for whatever reason.

So I get the best of both worlds, I think. No cancellation fee, plus I get to reorder.

laugh.gif

Quote:

Guess what? Apparently the guys at the camera place got impatient with me and just canceled the order as they couldn't wait for whatever reason.

So I get the best of both worlds, I think. No cancellation fee, plus I get to reorder.

laugh.gif

Yeah, that sounds great...until you go to order your camera from another place and realize they charge $8 more for shipping than the first place.

Hahahhaa.....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

bop.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back