Anellotech, pure gasoline from plants and wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
No alcohol produced, no food corn wasted.
Make it from wood chips, switch grass, etc...

http://www.anellotech.com/press.html
http://www.anellotech.com/press4.html
Quote:
Huber's method is for making biofuels from cellulose, the non-edible portion of plant biomass and a major component of grasses and wood. At $10 to $30 per barrel of oil energy equivalent, cellulosic biomass is significantly cheaper than crude oil. The U.S. could potentially produce 1.3 billion dry tons of cellulosic biomass per year, which has the energy content of four billion barrels of crude oil. That's more than half of the seven billion barrels of crude oil consumed in our country each year. What's more, biomass as an energy crop could increase the national farm income by $3 to $6 billion per year.

I have seen a lot of barrel equivalent pricing on the process from $10 to $60 US dollars. Still significantly cheaper. However in 2008 after the oil speculators ran oil up to $140, it crashed in a global recession-depression to $34. So I wonder if potential money backers are not willing to invest yet.

We can grow a lot of fuel and I dont mean alcohol. At what cost, I dont know, no doubt the growers will want the maximum price the market can bear.

What we dearly need is competition and more production as energy costs are seriously hurting people everywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algae_fuel
Quote:
The United States Department of Energy estimates that if algae fuel replaced all the petroleum fuel in the United States, it would require 15,000 square miles (39,000 km2) which is only 0.42% of the U.S. map,[10] or about half of the land area of Maine. This is less than 1⁄7 the area of corn harvested in the United States in 2000.[11] However, these claims remain unrealized, commercially. According to the head of the Algal Biomass Organization algae fuel can reach price parity with oil in 2018 if granted production tax credits.[12]

Otherwise, you will get other whacky terrible stuff like resource wars as in this type of thinking
http://dieoff.org/

Domestically produced bio-fuels should be tax free for 20 years. Wait a second I forgot Washington can't do anything about gas prices. Never mind.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Domestically produced bio-fuels should be tax free for 20 years. Wait a second I forgot Washington can't do anything about gas prices. Never mind.

It would not matter if this was feasible tomorrow big oil would stop the project in it tracks.
50.gif

Biofuels can be a big part of the solution.

Corn is junk...a couple of ears per plant...Do the wholeplant and it gets better.

Coppiced Mallee (take a mallee gum, grow it, chop it near ground, and it grows as a coppice, multiple new trunks)...eucalyptus oil as a fuel, or ethanol co-solvent, or cleaner, and charcoal for metallurgy, or soil improvement.

Algae, grasses, et al...it can be done, and well...problem is getting the non HC minerals and stuff back into the soil, as plants mine "ash" from the soil.

Originally Posted By: morris
"I forgot Washington " as all ways we have VERY smart guys here.

Washington is for sale no matter who runs the country.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: rshaw125

It would not matter if this was feasible tomorrow big oil would stop the project in it tracks.
50.gif

Big oil would INVEST in it to keep their supply chain going. Who IS "big oil" anyway? I knew a guy who knew a guy who had an uncle who SAW the 100 MPG carb before they locked it away.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
50.gif

Big oil would INVEST in it to keep their supply chain going. Who IS "big oil" anyway? I knew a guy who knew a guy who had an uncle who SAW the 100 MPG carb before they locked it away.
smile.gif
[/quote]

It's demonstrable that fuel prices are pumped/dumped, through mechanisms that aren't supply/demand at work.

When it's up, all of these technologies come out of the woodwork, as they become independently viable with high fuel prices...

On the dump cycle, they breathe their last gasp, and disappear, taking their investors with them, and securing petroleum's hold.

Big Oil may well be investing in patents flushed out through the process for "later" (I don't know any more than you do), but at the current point in time, these alternatives won't happen.

Quote:
It's demonstrable that fuel prices are pumped/dumped, through mechanisms that aren't supply/demand at work.

Like what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back