Android and Google messages

Broke my iPhone xr beyond repair.. anyway I'm using a Samsung galaxy a01 this device is painful to use coming from the xr, I'm noticing many androids are coming with Google messages as a native texting platform. Samsung seems to be using their own still.

When did android go to Google messages?

I'm considering sticking android but upgrading to a better device over the a01 that's if stock messaging app are still available. Not a fan of the Google messages 🙄 assuming it's Googles take at Imessage.

Not sure.
I've always used message+, which has been available on all of my android phones. It's generally universal since I can text anybody on any OS or app, including the FB stuff. It's definitely NOT Google.
HOWEVER, I've also always been on Verizon, so it may be part of that ecosystem.

Not sure.
I've always used message+, which has been available on all of my android phones. It's generally universal since I can text anybody on any OS or app, including the FB stuff. It's definitely NOT Google.
HOWEVER, I've also always been on Verizon, so it may be part of that ecosystem.
Not familiar with message+, you have a screen shot of the icon? That's the native text app on the galaxy a01

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211008-163845_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211008-163845_One UI Home.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 11
Have you looked at any of the Linux Phones. Pine phone and the new Sailfish OS phone are out. Seem to have good reviews. Might be my next phone.

Message+ appears to be the default Verizon Messaging app. It IS available from the Play Store, just don't know how well it will work on a non-Verizon phone.
It gets good reviews from reading in the store. (It's free)

Back