Amsoil - Warehouse pick up

I used to order Amsoil products online and pick up the order at my local Amsoil warehouse (Lancaster, PA) but when I tried to place an order last night it didn't give me an option to pick up at the warehouse, shipping only. Anyone experience this?

Yep, COVID. There is a promo right now, $5 shipping, or free shipping with orders over $100, promo code BUY1020

Many years ago when I lived in Richmond, VA I purchased directly from the warehouse, just walked in and got the order. Then they changed policies and one had to pre order for a pick up and now it seems like even more of a pain. The resellers used to pick up large orders from warehouse, wonder if they still permit that or everything is shipped. Why bother with multiple warehouses if shipping is all that can be had.

Many years ago when I lived in Richmond, VA I purchased directly from the warehouse, just walked in and got the order. Then they changed policies and one had to pre order for a pick up and now it seems like even more of a pain. The resellers used to pick up large orders from warehouse, wonder if they still permit that or everything is shipped. Why bother with multiple warehouses if shipping is all that can be had.
Spector - I can address these things - first of all as far as I know the C-19 policy is not a forever thing. Next year we will revert back to pick-up. The multiple warehouses has always been about shipping cost and speed, rather than providing the ability to pick-up. I just got four 25# cases, next day, $11. That couldn't happen with one warehouse in WI. The prepay preorder thing makes sense because of volume and staffing dedicated to shipping rather than retail selling and dealing with customers, a business decision.

The multiple warehouses has always been about shipping cost and speed, rather than providing the ability to pick-up.
You may or may not be able to answer this but near my work are various commercial properties including warehousing facilities. At one of them, I see an Amsoil semi-truck and trailer going there and have always wondered what it was. To my knowledge, they don't ship out of there, like with UPS or anything so I don't know what that truck does there... It's in Southwest Ohio, for what it's worth.

You may or may not be able to answer this but near my work are various commercial properties including warehousing facilities. At one of them, I see an Amsoil semi-truck and trailer going there and have always wondered what it was. To my knowledge, they don't ship out of there, like with UPS or anything so I don't know what that truck does there... It's in Southwest Ohio, for what it's worth.
Not sure. This is all I know:

COLUMBUS
707 Hadley Dr.
Columbus, OH 43228

Maybe just off campus holding building for distributing to points south and west(?)

COLUMBUS
707 Hadley Dr.
Columbus, OH 43228

Maybe just off campus holding building for distributing to points south and west(?)
Different place.... I remember seeing reference to their warehouse in Columbus but that's 60+ miles from where I'm talking about. Still wondering what it is !

Any chance it's just a semi-trailer that Amsoil paid to be painted/wrapped for advertising ? Do they do that ? I know I said the truck itself was Amsoil-branded but I may be mistaken about that, not 100%. The trailer is without question Amsoil-branded though !

COLUMBUS
707 Hadley Dr.
Columbus, OH 43228
[space]
Different place.... I remember seeing reference to their warehouse in Columbus but that's 60+ miles from where I'm talking about. Still wondering what it is !

Any chance it's just a semi-trailer that Amsoil paid to be painted/wrapped for advertising ? Do they do that ? I know I said the truck itself was Amsoil-branded but I may be mistaken about that, not 100%. The trailer is without question Amsoil-branded though !
I think you read my answer TOO FAST.

Don't know about that with trailers. I don't think so.

I think you read my answer TOO FAST.
Given the proximity of my location and the Columbus location, it makes little sense to have a "holding building" so close to another. That's not how logistics and distribution works nowadays.

Given the proximity of my location and the Columbus location, it makes little sense to have a "holding building" so close to another. That's not how logistics and distribution works nowadays.
How big is the Columbus WH? It does make some level of sense if Colombia Warehouse is full. I said I don't really know, all speculation. Probably not a mafia drop building a huge stash!😊

Back