Amsoil SS 0W-20 10,300kms 2013 Ram 1500 4.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oil was sampled around 10,300 km and the engine only had around 32,500 km. I used the EaO filter. I changed the oil at 14.500km.

What is everyone’s thoughts on the analysis. I figure the metal is a little high as the motor is still somewhat breaking in. I bought it from a old guy who didn’t drive it at all. The oil life % was at 0 at the time of sampling.

Last edited:
Looks prety good. I would not worry about a thing.

I think my motor is just now getting freed up. I'm getting the best mileage right now.

They flagged Boron on my 2016 Ford Focus running Amsoil SS 5w-20 as well. I ran just short of 10,000 miles. Had 20K miles at the time.

I don't know why you'd want to be "Braking in" the engine. The whole point is to keep it from braking.
grin2.gif

Looks like the OLM is on the safe side if although the oil life was at 0% and you ran it another 4k. Risky...

Oh, I thought you sent the sample in and continued running it blindly while waiting for the report.

Run a 5W-30 unless you need to then run a 0w-30. The iron is really high. The next oil change will tell.

The manual calls for 5w-20. I run 0w because of our extremely cold winters. Why do you propose switching from 20 to 30?

The iron is a bit high for 10,000 km ( 6,000 miles) but as a previous poster said it may be due to sitting so long and possibly having a bit of rust forming. I’ll bet it will clear up.

Last edited:
I plan on doing another analysis when I hit 7,500 km with the royal purple 0w-20. So I’ll post up.

Originally Posted By: Gixxer46
Yes I believe so

Ok, so this motor was on another oil before Amsoil?

The extra iron from a new engine settling in should have been long gone before this oil was used. 82 ppm looks a little high so I would sample early next time.

Yes, I’m not sure what. I believe it had two oil changes before. I know one for sure in 2014. I put 6k on the oil that was in the truck before I bought and switched to the SS oil.

Originally Posted By: Gixxer46
Yes, I’m not sure what. I believe it had two oil changes before. I know one for sure in 2014. I put 6k on the oil that was in the truck before I bought and switched to the SS oil.

Ok, the SS might have liberated some leftovers … thinking next check will be better …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back