Amsoil Saber Professional Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 1.5oz pillow pack of Amsoil 2-cycle Saber Professional: http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/mo.../?code=ATPPK-EA

I plan to add the 1.5oz packet to 1 fresh gallon of gasoline to make a Saber Ratio mix (128oz gasoline/1.5oz Amsoil SP = 85:1 ratio). I think I read that Saber Professional "stabilizes fuel for off-season storage". Is that correct, or would a separate fuel stabilizer still be needed? And if it already contains a stabilizer, how long would a Saber 2-cycle mix be good for using typical 87/89 Octane 10% ethanol gasoline?

Can you get non ethanol gasoline ? You want to avoid using ethanol fuel because that's what makes the gasoline break down . It also attacks rubber and plastic parts as well as plugging up the carb and fuel system .

Originally Posted By: nitehawk55
Can you get non ethanol gasoline ? You want to avoid using ethanol fuel because that's what makes the gasoline break down . It also attacks rubber and plastic parts as well as plugging up the carb and fuel system .

No, all pump gas in my state has to have a minimum of 10% ethanol as a matter of law. The only exception I am aware of are cans of TruFuel (or similar), which are prohibitively expensive. I use stabilizer to help minimize the ethanol effects as best as possible.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Get the Trufuel!

It's just too expensive in the long run. As much as I would like ethanol-free gasoline.. it just ain't happening.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: SwedishRider
Anyone know about the Saber Pro stabilizer question... does it have built-in gas stabilizer?

Yes indeed it does:

Quote:
Fuel Stabilization
SABER Professional provides the additional benefit of fuel stabilization to help prevent fuel from deteriorating during storage and causing poor engine performance. There is no need to add an additional fuel stabilizer when putting equipment into seasonal storage.

Amsoil Saber Pro

New stock will have the stabilizer/protection against ethanol. Old stock does not.
The additive package was changed a few months ago--don't know if the packet labels were changed or not.

Get the Trufuel!

It's just too expensive in the long run. As much as I would like ethanol-free gasoline.. it just ain't happening.
frown.gif

Are you a commercial operator? Do you have a large estate?

If you answered no to both of these answers, than TruFuel will run you maybe $20 A YEAR more than mixed gas for your average homeowner. For that small price, the benefits outweigh the small cost.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Get the Trufuel!

frown.gif

Are you a commercial operator? Do you have a large estate?

If you answered no to both of these answers, than TruFuel will run you maybe $20 A YEAR more than mixed gas for your average homeowner. For that small price, the benefits outweigh the small cost.

For a string trimmer only, you may very well be correct. But for my 22hp B&S powered swedish rider, I would have to mortgage my house to afford TruFuel for a mowing season. I guess I was thinking of TruFuel in all my equipment, which would make it very cost prohibitive.

I added a 1.5oz pillow pack to .94 gallon of 93-octane fuel (10% ethanol). That works out to the 80:1 Saber Ratio. We shall see how it works out.

For a string trimmer only, you may very well be correct. But for my 22hp B&S powered swedish rider, I would have to mortgage my house to afford TruFuel for a mowing season. I guess I was thinking of TruFuel in all my equipment, which would make it very cost prohibitive.

TruFuel is for 2 cycle equipment. Why would you run it in a 22hp Briggs and Stratton? That should just require regular gasoline.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

TruFuel is for 2 cycle equipment. Why would you run it in a 22hp Briggs and Stratton? That should just require regular gasoline.

TruFuel also comes in a 4-cycle formula.

http://www.trufuel50.com/product-info/4-cycle/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back