Amsoil refused $41 refund BUT gave refund to other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Im clising tgis post until there is the effort of taking it up with Amsoil.

The other thread was closed before I had a chance to respond. I ALWAYS call a company first when there's a problem. Always. If an ebayer sends me damaged goods, I contact the ebayer to resolve the problem. When Gordon Ramsay Burgr restaurant double-charged me last December, I called the manager (Zack). He immediately apologized and refunded the double charge. (He even gave me a free burger my next visit!) Ditto Amsoil who I called the day before my previous post:

They said the original Jan 27 charge of $348 was an undercharge, that I owed them an extra $41, and that's why they did a separate transaction Jan 30. They refused to refund.

I obviously disagree since my printed receipt shows $348 and I don't owe more than what I agreed to pay.

btanchors also had a billing issue: On Sunday 29 January he ordered $566.44 worth of Amsoil products. Then he saw my original post and checked his credit card:
- 1/29 was a charge for $566.44
- 1/30 additional charges for $23.27 and $160.75.

Amsoil said there was an error in the FREESHIPPC code, that it was mistakenly rejected by their computer, so that caused additional charges. btanchors says, "Amsoil quickly and cheerfully said they would credit my credit card for the additional two amounts - so I am getting what I ordered at the original price. I am happy with their response. I do not think it was intentional, just some strange error that happened with their website."

BOTTOM LINE: Check your credit card if you made any purchases with Amsoil.com last week or this week. If you're lucky you'll get a refund like btanchors. If you're unlucky like me, then you will get crushed with extra charges you never authorized.

BOTTOM LINE: Check your credit card if you made any purchases with Amsoil.com last week or this week.
- If you're lucky you'll get a refund like btanchors.
- If you're unlucky like me, then you will get crushed with extra charges you never authorized.
(shrug)
50.gif

15.gif

So you didn't get a refund if I understand correctly? If that's the case call the credit card company, send them a copy of your printout and dispute the charge. IMO you did everything right, let them fight the credit card company for the money. Odds are you'll get your money back that way. Good luck!

Yes no refund for me.

Amsoil was offering Amsoil Signature Series/their absolute best oil for $27 a gallon, and Cetane boost for $5 per half-gallon (basically 40% off). I couldn't pass that up. (It is unfortunate that they then added an extra $41 charge which erases the discount.)

Originally Posted By: veryHeavy
Yes no refund for me.

Amsoil was offering Amsoil Signature Series/their absolute best oil for $27 a gallon, and Cetane boost for $5 per half-gallon (basically 40% off). I couldn't pass that up. (It is unfortunate that they then added an extra $41 charge which erases the discount.)

Call your credit card company. They'll sort it out. I would make it a point to tell them you did not authorize the additional $41 in charges, and if you didn't use any of the products yet you'll send it all back on Amsoil's dime.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Yes no refund for me.

Call your credit card company. They'll sort it out. I would make it a point to tell them you did not authorize the additional $41 in charges, and if you didn't use any of the products yet you'll send it all back on Amsoil's dime.

This!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
BOTTOM LINE: Don't waste your time with mail order oil and goofy marketing, memberships.

^^I agree you can get quality oil OTC that will get a engine to 100k just as good as scamsoil for far cheaper.

In other words tgis and others lose while jhzr2 wins with a free case of oil or more for closing the original post

Sounds like a horrible, [censored] situation.

Time to practice the principles of free markets and ditch scamsoil

:]

Originally Posted By: heyu
In other words tgis and others lose while jhzr2 wins with a free case of oil or more for closing the original post

Seriously?

You think that the mods are biased?

Bought off by AMSOIL?

Why post at all, then?

Careful-you'll get a vacation! Seriously, any company can make a mistake-and that's why credit cards are useful, they will investigate it, email your screenshot to them when they ask for it, you'll get your money back. This seems very similar to the "FreeShipPC" code thing recently, something fishy is going on...

I also placed a LARGE order with the promo code.
I thought the charge was going to be $419 which included Chicago Taxes.
There were 2 charges placed.
Another for $411.
My order arrived and the $419 cancelled.
Upon looking at the receipt I was only charged sales tax where the Amsoil warehouse is (outside of Chicago City tax)
Less tax? OK with me.

OP: was qty limited per order/houshold? You did a bulk buy on some stuff correct? Fine print issue? Could you reiterate what comprised the compete purchse line by line and your discount expectations? Also show in a footer any boilerplate associated with the promo. I just fell like Judge Judy in that I'm missing something ...

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
BOTTOM LINE: Don't waste your time with mail order oil and goofy marketing, memberships, or promo codes.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not when there is PLENTY OF GOOD OIL
at Walmart!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I just fell like Judge Judy in that I'm missing something ...

No fine print. I was given wholesale price + 10% extra subtracted off the price. Amsoil told me, "We don't honor that 10% off," even though my printed receipt clearly says, "discount" and a ten-percent subtraction from the total.

I have now uploaded the receipt to Visa.
They say they will refund the $41, because it is an Unauthorized additional charge.
Done deal.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I just fell like Judge Judy in that I'm missing something ...

No fine print. I was given wholesale price + 10% extra subtracted off the price. Amsoil told me, "We don't honor that 10% off," even though my printed receipt clearly says, "discount" and a ten-percent subtraction from the total.

I have now uploaded the receipt to Visa.
They say they will refund the $41, because it is an Unauthorized additional charge.
Done deal.

Nice and easy! Good on you. Mistakes can happen, if you keep an eye on your credit card statements you can eliminate them and other possible problems.

Admittedly I had two typos in the closing of the other thread. "Tgis" was one of them - did you even read the original thread, or just post to make yourself heard?

The OP started a lot of speculation and complaint, without any discussion of an approach to reconcile it. Had they started with "I called Amsoil, talked to two levels of managers, and they are refusing to reconcile the pricing that was in my first receipt." in the original post, then the rest would be justified. Instead it started with complaints and speculations.

Now it seems like OP is getting somewhere, and Im not intending to close it down unless a bunch of folks mess up.

First of all this must not be some huge wide issue as I have had zero complaints from any of my customers and none of my weekly+ orders to Amsoil have been overcharged. It makes some sense that some of the new coupon codes got crossed up or something, but there have been no jobber notes or general notes to dealers about this that I have seen. If I see anything I will post it here. I also will say if any of my customers have an issue, get with me. Certainly don't go after the mods here. I pay an annual fee to advertise here as I have through the various owners since day one with Bob. Other than that, there is no sinister crazy or otherwise relationships. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back