AMSOIL- Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it just me or was that winston cup engine down on power. hp in the 400's and torque in the 300's likely measured on an engine dyno doesnt seem like much even if it was a few years back. I bet Patman's chevy makes that much power. Are you sure that dyno sheet info is any where near being accurate ?

Secondly, every oil product from Slick50 to Prolong has stated their product is used by some high profile race team. Also, the Unsers and Yarboroughs have endorsed more crap in a bottle lubricants over the years than you can shake a stick at. I wouldnt trust anything that is remotely related to their name. yuck.
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Idrinkmotoroil:
is it just me or was that winston cup engine down on power. hp in the 400's and torque in the 300's likely measured on an engine dyno doesnt seem like much even if it was a few years back. I bet Patman's chevy makes that much power. Are you sure that dyno sheet info is any where near being accurate ?

It's you
wink.gif

Cup engines are dynoing from high 700's to mid 800's, depending on who is building the engines and whose numbers you believe. This past season it was widely accepted in the NASCAR garage area that Penske South was making the most HP, about 840. Most teams are in the 800-825 range. Roush Racing really struggled with HP this season as did all Ford teams.

Busch Series numbers are more like 600HP. Smaller carb and lower compression ratio are the reasons.

I don't believe that a team owner would risk a multi million dollar sponsorship by running another product.
I think the Amsoil comment about don't believe everything that is advertised on the car holds true for the Amsoil statement as well.
Dodge pulled sponsorship from Bill Davis Racing because they were working with Toyota. Dale Jr. said his contract states that he can't drink anything not made by Budweiser (obviously not before a race). I think there are strict guidelines written into the sponsorship contracts.
I think Amsoil is a great oil, but I don't believe they are that involved in Winston Cup racing.

quote:

I think Amsoil is a great oil, but I don't believe they are that involved in Winston Cup racing.

I remember reading awhile back that Amsoil used to use diesters and there oils were more competitive back then for racing. Right now they are clearly more involved in extended drains. It really doens't matter as all the oil companies and even blenders make great products.

The new Mobil 1 R oil uses an advanced state of the art base oil that is waaaay better then the current generation PAO's that are out there. I think we are in for a treat with this oil. It's more then just an additized oil as some have suggested.

[ December 23, 2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

All televised profesional auto racing is just a billboard. That's how it survives; on sponsorship money. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if a car was sponsored by pennzoil or whatever oil and was in fact using neosynthetic or something else, even if it stated in a sponsorship contract that the team had to use the sponsors product. If teams are going to take the chance of building a traction control system into the distributor and activate it using a cell phone, believe me, they will use whatever lubricant they want to regardless of sponsorship. They'll use whatever gives them an advantage. There are those who cheat in auto racing, or shall I say, bend the rules, and then there are those that never win
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back