Amsoil OE?

Hi guys I tried the Amsoil OE 5w20 in my 21 escape (1.5 ecoboost) 180,000 miles all highway for work. How many miles would you run the OE for. Currently at 5,000 miles? Appreciate any feedback.

Really depends on the fuel dilution, in my opinion.

What is the Ford interval, and what interval have you been using? Your use case - lots of highway miles - should be good for extending past 5k OCI if the fuel dilution is low.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ecoboost engine, I'd be draining the oil at least by 5-5500 miles. Don't care if your using HPL, Amsoil,etc.

I went ~15,000 on a Cobb tuned 3.5L Ecoboost HO in a Gen 2 Raptor. Redline Euro 5w30.

It was fine according to UOA. I assume at least HPL would be very comparable to Redline.

Only thing is I’ll need Cam phasers probably in the next 15,000-20,000 miles or so. However that’s not an oil issue, just a design issue with that particular series of engines.

I’ll be interested in how the 3.0L Ecoboost HO in my Ranger Raptor does when I get it in the next few weeks.

I went ~15,000 on a Cobb tuned 3.5L Ecoboost HO in a Gen 2 Raptor. Redline Euro 5w30.

It was fine according to UOA. I assume at least HPL would be very comparable to Redline.

Only thing is I’ll need Cam phasers probably in the next 15,000-20,000 miles or so. However that’s not an oil issue, just a design issue with that particular series of engines.

I’ll be interested in how the 3.0L Ecoboost HO in my Ranger Raptor does when I get it in the next few weeks.
Which generation Ecoboost do you have?

Gen 2 ended with 2020. The Gen 3 supposedly has the cam phaser issues worked out. When you replace yours, make sure to use the new upgraded parts.

Hi guys I tried the Amsoil OE 5w20 in my 21 escape (1.5 ecoboost) 180,000 miles all highway for work. How many miles would you run the OE for. Currently at 5,000 miles? Appreciate any feedback.
Given you are driving a ton, I would just use whatever name brand synthetic is on sale and follow the OLM. I don't see a need to do an oil change any sooner, given fuel dilution should be minimal with a lot of highway miles. If you wanted to, you could do a few oil analysis' starting at 10k and extend as you see fit.

I noticed Amazon has Amsoil online, I was considering ordering the OE line, I have the 3.5 Duratech in my 13 Edge, I don't think it's really going to make that big of a difference, over Mobil 1 Advanced 5W20..

Been using the dealer at 5,000-mile intervals using the blend. My buddy at work used Amsoil oe every change and has 400,000 miles on the original engine. I put 4,000 miles a month so I wanted to try Amsoil and see if I could extend a bit from the blend at the 5,000 I was doing.? I don't know. May try the XL next and do 10,000 miles

Been using the dealer at 5,000-mile intervals using the blend. My buddy at work used Amsoil oe every change and has 400,000 miles on the original engine. I put 4,000 miles a month so I wanted to try Amsoil and see if I could extend a bit from the blend at the 5,000 I was doing.? I don't know. May try the XL next and do 10,000 miles
Just about any full sun will trounce the blend. I’d run the Amsoil the full OLM interval since you already have a lot of miles and are doing mostly highway, get your money’s worth out of it.

I’d also suggest 5w30.

The Amsoil XL line is a good mid tier oil and can go head to head with any of the oils you find at Wally word and your auto parts store.

Back