Amsoil euro vs signature

What I don't understand is how SS is spec'd higher than Euro, but a lot of you guys mention how Euro might sometimes be on-par if not better? What would be better in the case of a Subaru motor (FA24)? SS or Euro 5w30?
Well I'm just "spec"ulating and going on what I know of the SS line. :LOL:

No deposits or dirt in the bottom of my 62k Audi oil pan after using euro 5-40 since 7k replaced the oil pump since it’s halfways hanging out during the timing chain unfortunately it didn’t come with a new chain for it the oil pan is before I wire wheeled the factory silicone off or cleaned it or the baffles.
IMG_2521.jpeg
IMG_2512.jpeg
IMG_2524.jpeg
IMG_2511.jpeg

In a very casual sense, it's generally agreeable for the most part that the SS line is a higher spec than the OE line given that it has a better base oil and more additives?

So using that logic, would SS not be spec'd higher than Euro?

Generally speaking, the HT/HS on some grades is higher than corresponding SS grades, some have more anti-oxidants and shear stability that your typical GF-6/dexos rated oils. It's a matter of selecting the best raw materials to build an oil. The SS line is likely every bit as good as the equivalent Euro grades if I had to guess. When you're not restricted in any sense, like HPL, you can go above and beyond many/most baseline specifications. So it's not inconceivable you can go above your Euro oils in those instances.

However if you're car requires a specific Euro oil, you're safer going with that especially while under warranty.

I’m sure about you though.

Just trying to reach a consensus here on the definition, that’s all. Specification means something is specified, what’s being specified and by whom?
As far as I know, oil specification involves viscosity, classification (API), standards (ACEA, SAE), OEM approvals, additives, and type of oil (synthetic or conventional).

Back