Amsoil EaO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone besides me using one (EaO 34) on lawn equiptment?
wink.gif

How many hours do you guy's think is safe to run on an EaO? My JD calls for the Eao09, and I was thinking of getting a couple and running them for 100hrs as opposed to the 50hrs I run Wix?

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
How many hours do you guy's think is safe to run on an EaO? My JD calls for the Eao09, and I was thinking of getting a couple and running them for 100hrs as opposed to the 50hrs I run Wix?

Briggs manual says to change oil filter @ 100 hrs or seasonaly. That's fine then with an Amsoil I would think.

Oil changed at 25 for severe service or 50 hrs for normal use and they say not to extend drains even if using synthetic oil

My dad runs his JD filters 100 Hours with Amsoil 4-Stroke Small Engine 10w30 Synthetic. Have done this for 300 hours so far with no issues and the oil is clean looking when we change it out.

Originally Posted By: Flapjack23
I will be at the next change, at end of season, I only put 80-100 hrs per year. EaO09 and ASE oil.

Andy

What Braind.. HP..engine..V-Twin?

I run mine out to 100hrs using a P1 L10241 and Amsoil ACD 30w,so yes a EAo would do a 100hrs no problem.

do you know what the bypass rating is on that filter??

The air filter comes first. I use a pre foam filter cut from a sheet to fit. I use Wix oil filters but those foam pre foam air filters comes first before the EaO oil filter.

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
The air filter comes first. I use a pre foam filter cut from a sheet to fit. I use Wix oil filters but those foam pre foam air filters comes first before the EaO oil filter.

Pick a good oil filter and it usually does it's job "unsupervised"...

I have an air filter that is the "barrel shape" one from B&S with a foam pre-filter. They say to service the air filter about every 25 hrs.

I have mine oiled with Stihl Bar and Chain oil ...thick and tacky oil for sure. It really can load up with dirt fast..so I check it monthly.

I do agree that the foam pre-filter is critical in an engine's life.

I wouldn't put any type of oil bath on these foam filters. Air flow is important..an oil bath may hamper air flow. The foam filter protects the air filter for better air filtering. It makes a difference.

Also the oil itself will degrade the foam filters.

Ditto on the foam pre-filter!!!!

I clean and dry mine then re-oil it with https://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?Code=159015-EA Filter tacky oil. I always allow some time for the oil to "dry" set up before starting the engine say overnight.

I have had the same air filter since my Deere was new in 2006 the paper filter has yet to even get dusty much less dirty enough to replace; however the foam filter is always coated with dirt grass etc when I clean it. The engine always runs just fine! I know that it is uber protected this way.

It's my baby and it gets the best!

Originally Posted By: eoghan
Ditto on the foam pre-filter!!!!

I clean and dry mine then re-oil it with https://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?Code=159015-EA Filter tacky oil. I always allow some time for the oil to "dry" set up before starting the engine say overnight.

I have had the same air filter since my Deere was new in 2006 the paper filter has yet to even get dusty much less dirty enough to replace; however the foam filter is always coated with dirt grass etc when I clean it. The engine always runs just fine! I know that it is uber protected this way.

It's my baby and it gets the best!

Do you rewash the pre foam filters. Most times these pre foam filters will tear apart when washed with any type of oil coated.

If you foam filter is caked with grass and such wouldn't that restrict air flow?

Originally Posted By: daman
The foam pre filter are made to be washed in soap and water/dried then reinstalled dry,no oil..

My Briggs manual says to wash and re-oil foam pre-filter

I was referring to type of sheet foam I use. It's an after market.

What's funny is some dealers that sell mowers with Briggs engines states not to use any oil on foam pre folters for warranty issues.
And yet Briggs states to use an oil for their foam filters.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pete591
The foam pre filter are made to be washed in soap and water/dried then reinstalled dry,no oil..

Both mine say no oil,dry..

Must be that some pre-filters are not made to be oiled. Check manual first.

Must be that some pre-filters are not made to be oiled. Check manual first.

Dunno could be ,just checked my Craftsman manual says clean OR better yet replace every 25hrs,no mention of oiling the foam pre filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back