Amsoil BMK-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant

What is the orifice size on this kit, and what is the flow rate? What is the viscosity and pressure drop at this flow rate?

Ant,

This system is designed so that it will draw off 5% to 10% of the oil pump output, depending on oil viscosity, oil pressure, etc.

There is generally a minimal effect on oil pressure, perhaps 3-5 psi at high rpms. One thing that works in your favor is that you are increasing the effective sump capacity by 1.5 to 2.0 qts in the case of a pickup diesel engine. This tends to reduce equilibrium oil temps and improve oil pressure.

The other thing I like to do is mount the unit in an area of high airflow, so that it functions as a supplimental oil cooler.

The Amsoil website says it will filter siz quarts in five minutes, so I guess the flowrate is 1¼ quarts/minute. But, what is the orifice size?

I seem to recall the orifice was about 0.040" ....

The flow rate depends on oil pressure and oil viscosity, so assigning a set # to it doesn't make technical sense.

Ted

quote:

The flow rate depends on oil pressure and oil viscosity, so assigning a set # to it doesn't make technical sense.

That's why I asked "What is the viscosity and pressure drop at this flow rate?".

Ant,

Why don't you email me your phone number and I can attempt answer your questions, or at least figure out what your concerns are about the function of this unit.

thanks!

Ted

quote:

Originally posted by ant:
That's why I asked "What is the viscosity and pressure drop at this flow rate?".

As you asking the pressure/flow through the by-pass or the pressure/flow through your FF filter.

If you are asking about pressure and flow through your FF system it will be unchanged. Since the restrictor in the by-pass system only allows a small amount of oil to by-pass(comparitively).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back