Amsoil 15W-40 Diesel and Marine Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...some answers coming in...I'm copying and posting exactly as I receive them....

" Question regarding the Synthetic Blend 15w-40 Diesel Oil (PCO).

1. Has the license been upgraded to me the "CI" ratings? I though I saw it had in a brochure, but your website information only shows "CH".

2. Service Life of the oil; " Light-duty diesel engines, non- turbocharged diesel engines, heavy-duty diesel engines, turbocharged diesel engines, fleet vehicle engines and industrial engines: drain oil at intervals up to two times longer than those recommended by the engine manufacturer, or 6 months, whichever comes first if extended drains are supported by the findings of a used oil analysis program."
Am I interpreting this correctly? If Dodge says 7500 miles, I can go twice the mileage (15K) within a 6 month program only if I'm using an Analysis Program? I'm reading that the Synthetic Blend recommendation is different than the full synthetic 15w-40 Marine Diesel oil recommendation? Am I correct? Thank you for your time and efforts in answering my questions.

Answer: Actually you can go 15,000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first without oil analysis. Anything beyond that, oil analysis is recommended. PCO currently meets the following specs.

PCO Specification

Viscosity
SAE 15W40

API
CI-4/ CH-4/ CF/ CF-2/ SL/ SJ

Global
DHD-1

CUMMINS
CES 20076, 20077, 20078

Mack
EO-M+/EO-N Premium Plus 2003

ACEA
A3/ B3/ E3/ E5

Dailmer Chrysler
228.3/ 229.1

MAN
271/ 3275

Volvo
VDS-3/ VDS-2

MTU
Type 2

Detroit Diesel
Series 2000/ 4000 Category 2

Caterpillar
ECF-1

Allison
C-3, C-4

Caterpillar Transmission
TO-2/ TO-3 "

IMHO, I think the Amsoil Website is not as up to date as the Interval Change Guide....

Still waiting for my question yesterday about the 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel Synthetic oil...
frown.gif

[ March 03, 2004, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: rossn2 ]

Me too....in the Generation III Dodge
smile.gif

I can safely go to 15k without oil analyis within a 6 month period and be covered by the Amsoil warranty.

Matter of fact, gotta order some more before Jun, under the 6-month preferred customer program.
cheers.gif

Just received from Amsoil Tech:
bowdown.gif

QUOTE:
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 8:29 AM
To: Mail TechService
Subject: RE: Technical Service Contact Form

Tim,

Your summary at the bottom is correct.
Thank you,
Ed

" Subject:R E: Technical Service Contact Form

Hi,
Thank you for your quick response. I just have one more question regarding your answer below, " Actually you can go 15,000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first without oil analysis. Anything beyond that, oil analysis is recommended."

I came home and am looking at the Asmoil Synthetic Motor Oil Recommended Drain Interval Product Guide, which is different than the Amsoil Web Site information. I noticed under SAE 30 Synthetic Diesel Oil (ACD), 15w-40 Synthetic Blend Diesel Oil (PCD), and the 15w-40 Synthetic Diesel Marine Oil (AME)...the drain interval
is "Up to 2 times OR longer with oil anlysis OR 6 months." Note 2 states .."means up to 2 times the equipment manufacturer's recommendation. Amsoil service interval recommendations are whichever comes first - months, miles, or hours. Note 6 states " all drain intervals can be entended (with analysis) indefinitely by using AMSOIL By-Pass Oil Filtrations and an Amsoil Oil-Wetted Foam Air Filter. " Which is the TriGard Plan correct?

So my question is, if Dodge says I can go 7500 miles, than based on Amsoil recommendations, I can go up to 15k within 6 months without and oil analysis, more than 15k within 6 months with an oil analysis, or after 6 months I have to go to the Amsoil TriGard Program to be covered by the Amsoil Oil Warranty, correct?
Thanks UNQUOTE.

[ March 05, 2004, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: rossn2 ]

Amsoil's warranty?
"THE WARRANTY MAY NOT BE EXTENDED TO COVER:
8. Failure of equipment due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of AMSOIL."

"AMSOIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT A WARRANTY CLAIM FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
9. Failure was the result of an OEM defect."

There are other possible zingers in Amsoil's warranty. Read the whole thing http://www.amsoil.com/warranty.htm

If you follow a "rigorous" maintenance program and get satisfactory oil analyses at the factory recommended oil change intervals, you'll likely be OK regarding the factory warranty. Extended warranties?...because they actually are not warranties but service contracts, you're totally governed by the language in the fine print on the contract.

Ken

[ March 07, 2004, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ken2:
Amsoil's warranty?

pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of AMSOIL."

9. Failure was the result of an OEM defect."

There are other possible zingers in Amsoil's warranty.
Ken

These are quite normal exclusions for a warranty to include.

Tim

I agree, but that's not what many people are lead to believe about Amsoil's warranty.

If you have an engine under the manufacturer's warranty and something inside goes BOOM, you want it fixed, and it will be paid for by the warranty unless the problem is something you did. If you fail to follow the manufacturer's maintenance schedule, and it is an original defect, who pays? The manufacturer might not pay because you didn't follow their maintenance schedule. Amsoil might not pay because it was an original defect. Where does that leave the consumer?

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back