Amsoil 0W-20 Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it goes without saying I'll cut you in on some of the action
cheers.gif

Quote:

oops, I see 25K on that post so I am going to assume that it will be a TSO

Not sure what this means; TSO is Amsoil's 35K 0W-30. Each formulation gets a unique 3 digit letter code. ASL = 5W-30, ATM = 10W-30 etc.

Quote:

Not sure what this means; TSO is Amsoil's 35K 0W-30. Each formulation gets a unique 3 digit letter code. ASL = 5W-30, ATM = 10W-30 etc.

My question is will it be a series 2000 type oil (TSO) or is it going to be like the long life ASL stuff in terms of formulation. I was going to guess that it was going to be a TSO oil because it is a 0W, but maybe it will be a formulation onto its own.

Mainly I am asking because the TSO seems to have more friction modifiers in it.

It will be the first 5-20 wt oil I will try. I would think that it would be the 25K version.
I would think it has a larger market.

But hey what do I know?????

I would be intrigued by a 35K version too. A Super high mileage 5-20 oil, nice. Just the oil to extract the highest MPG.

Quote:

Got it from the horse's mouth that Amsoil's 0W-20 25K oil will be released 01 March!

Good, one more myth down the drain.

Great...no need to buy out of grade or "Gold Cap" swill any longer.
wink.gif
grin.gif

Please allow me to disclaim....

The question I emailed to Amsoil was "I heard you were working on a 25K 0W-20 oil, will it be available by September 07?" and their reply was that it would be released on 01 March. So I can only assume that it will be 25K or better since they should have corrected me if I was out to lunch.

I am excited about this oil...I want to do annual drains in the fall so I'll either use the XL 5W-20 this spring or do a 1/2 year interval with the new stuff to properly 'welcome it to the family' before going long!

I would love to compare this with the Mobil 1 0w20 I am running now. I hope to run the current fill for 1 year/20K with UOAs every 2.5K, then at the end of Sept 2007 I may try the Amsoil for comparison, I may switch oil filters at the same time and go with the Amsoil oil filter instead of the Mobil 1 OF I am currently using. Check out the UOAs for a 2004 Toyota Prius using Mobil 1 0W20 if your interested.

Pablo,

When you get any info on this oil (specs etc) please post.

Dennis

I am assuming 0w-20 oil is not a good seller. Why? Cause I just picked up 12 quarts or M1 0w-20 at Walmart in the clearance section for $3 each and its no longer stocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back