Ammo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone ever used Geco Ammo? I am curious as to if its dirty or steel ammo for 9mm, 357 and 45 ASP. Thanks

LAX ammo has some pretty good deals on reloads. The reload all the brass shot from all the LE agencies in the LA area. I use their 10mm and .40 reloads.

I have used their 38 Super ammo, it was high quality. All of my experiences with European branded ammo has been positive except the bulk junk steel case stuff. But even that went "bang" when it was supposed to.

Used thousands of 9MM, it was brass cased, loaded to NATO specs, and burned very clean. I would use it with no hesitation.

I have bought bulk, reloads and regular ammo from both LAX and Freedom Munitions with good results from both. However, right now Freedom Munitions has a shipping charge of only 9.95 for anything, Lax does not. That said, Freedom Munitions has lots of Geco ammo at a reasonable price. LAX shipping charges are a lot more. If someone knows of a better deal for 9mm, 45 ACP and 357 ammo when considering 250-300 rounds for each please let me know. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Originally Posted by bubbatime
Check TargetsportsUSA , SGammo, and Academy to compare prices.

This is spot on. Lax ammo is overpriced. SG and Targetsports are outstanding. Great prices, fast shipping.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
Check TargetsportsUSA , SGammo, and Academy to compare prices.

Yeah, Acadamy has some good sales at times, and I believe free shipping on all orders over $50.

They also have a clearance on Federal Black Pack (in store only) for $40/box (250 box of 9mm, 150 box of .223, 1100 box of .22, 150 box of .45)

I use gun-deals.com to check prices. You can sort by cost/round shipped, manufacturer, bullet weight, type, and so on.

I have zero loyalty to any of the ammo distributors. If A is $0.01/round cheaper than B then A gets my business.

BSW

I liked the batch of 9mm Geco I had and plan on buying more. I didn't notice if it was particularly clean or dirty firing but I didn't notice it being any better or worse than Blazer or Remington or Winchester range-grade stuff as far as functionality goes.

What I did notice is that the rounds themselves are very clean, same as S&B. The stuff almost looks like it's been washed and polished. Every round of Blazer I've ever touched always has some schmutz on it somewhere.

The other thing I like about Geco (and S&B) are the small boxes they use. They are large enough to fit 50 rounds and that's it. That packaging density makes storing their ammo a lot easier. Blazer is the worst offender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back