Ammo is pouring in

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the gun show today there was a good selection of ammo. I originally said plenty, but really it was just a few boxes in each caliber. But prices were beyond absurd. $89 for a box of 22LR that originally sold for $16. $50 for a box of 308 168 grain FGGM. $1/round for 223.

Last edited:
I hope all the guys buying any and all ammo up for re-sale. Get a good hosing. Ammo is just like gold or houses, right now. The bubble will burst. I had a lot of ammo long before the first election, so I am just sitting the whole frenzy out and watching. Its crazy. I saw a guy pay $7 a box for .22 ammo the other day at the flea market. A box of 50, Thunderbolts, the cheapest worst ammo Remington makes, $7 a box. Crazy. Once the ammo makers move to friendlier states and up production and you can get as much ammo as you want and people settle down, prices will drop, just like they went up and I hope every gouger gets nailed with his pants down.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I hope all the guys buying any and all ammo up for re-sale. Get a good hosing. Ammo is just like gold or houses, right now. The bubble will burst. I had a lot of ammo long before the first election, so I am just sitting the whole frenzy out and watching. Its crazy. I saw a guy pay $7 a box for .22 ammo the other day at the flea market. A box of 50, Thunderbolts, the cheapest worst ammo Remington makes, $7 a box. Crazy. Once the ammo makers move to friendlier states and up production and you can get as much ammo as you want and people settle down, prices will drop, just like they went up and I hope every gouger gets nailed with his pants down.

Yep. people are stupid, and make me embarrassed to be a gun enthusiast. there's not a gun forum out there where the stupid isn't cranked up to eleven

If and when you can find it online (here and there) the prices are fairly normal if not maybee a tick up, with shipping its not great.. but its bullets Im very glad im sitting on several boxes of my hunting ammo.. otherwise id be so wizzed if season came in and i couldnt find anything Ive pretty much reduced my plinking to .22lr and ive got thousands of them so im in no fear of running out anytime soon.

I went ammo hunting this weekend , is'nt that kinda funny? "ammo hunting" Anyways in central Indiana its starting to pop up, You cant be picky as in what brand you want, of for that matter if there's a certain Grn count etc you want.. but just normall Generic (for example) 240GRN .44 Magnum or .45 acp I scored several hundred rounds over the weekend and was pretty happy. All the vendors were telling me the hardest thing to get is .22lr .22mag 17HMR etc, the smaller plinking or hunting rounds.

Looks like online ammo shops have some supply now too, prices seem to have come down a little, some calibers almost the same as before, some are still high like the rifle calibers.

I picked up 150rds of 5.7x28 last Saturday. 50 of the FN brand and 100 of the Federal. Prices were somewhat reasonable considering the round popularity.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I picked up 150rds of 5.7x28 last Saturday. 50 of the FN brand and 100 of the Federal. Prices were somewhat reasonable considering the round popularity.

Popularity? really? Perhaps it's my own ignorance...but I had to Google that round...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Popularity? really? Perhaps it's my own ignorance...but I had to Google that round...

I guess I should have said lack of popularity. It only fits 2 guns, a FN Five-Seven and a FN P90. Still want a P90 and another Five-SeveN in either brown or green.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: GMFan
I just got 250 rounds of 9mm luger yesterday I ordered on the internet. Perhaps if you are having trouble finding it at stores you can search online.
what was your total cost per round shipped then?

5x50boxes of PMC. 250 rounds at about $90 with shipping = $0.36/each. Not the best price but I had almost no handgun ammo left and I want to have some in the house. I'm not going back to the range until I can find it reliably as 250rounds is about the minimum I like having on hand.

Last edited:
Last night at the local Cabelas. Shelf full of 9mm, $11.95/50, don't remember the brand. They also had a shelf full of .40, some 357, some 38, 25, 32 and 45 acp. This is the largest selection I have seen on their shelves for months.
No .22 and what 223 that was there was several $ more per 20 round box than it was last year, same with the 7.62x39.
Lots of rifle calibers available except believe it or not 30-30, all that was available was 150 grain federal, I prefer the Remington 150 grain.

Seeing a slight improvement around West Michigan the last month or so. Just bought a value pack of wwb 40 cal. at Meijer's, and some 9mm across the street at Walmart.

yep, same here, Not finding the good stuff, but im finding stuff to shoot. Walmarts got a little here and there now, mostly .45 .38 .357 .40

the small indy gun shops seem to be keeping most stuff on hand although same thing, its not what id call the good stuff. Mostly just plinking ammo.

I finally saw some .22 WMR online for a decent price and ordered it before it went out of stock. No one has had it locally since the Connecticut shooting. The Walmart stores near me are still mostly out of stock for any handgun rounds and most common rifle rounds, but the online suppliers are picking up. I'm buying what I can before kalifornia enacts their proposed bullet tax and licensing requirements for purchasing ammo.

Im seeing Walmart 8/6/13 now in my area with about 30% on the shelf of what hey had before.. they have several pistal rounds staying in stock and several rifle rounds as well.. Oh and all the stinking 12/20 GA you want
smile.gif
The Indy shops have about everything in my area atleast a few times a week, 22LR 22mag and 17HMR are still hard to find.

Good article on ammo production and availability in this Month's issue of American Rifleman.

Last edited:
About a month ago my local Walmarts got my hopes up as I was seeing ammo way more than usual. All the handgun calibers and even some .223, well that all ended. Shelves are bare again and have been for a while. The actual 'gun stores' have ammo but the prices haven't come down one bit. These idiots want $59.99 for a 100 round 'value' pack of 45acp. On what planet is that a value? When walmart has the 100 rnd packs of Federal 45acp it's $32.97. Just gotta be there at the right time I guess.

Midway USA never raised their prices, sure, you pay shipping, but sign up for their notification service and order quickly, and you'll be able to buy what you want at normal prices.

I've bought ammo, magpul magazines, and high cap pistol mags recently from Midway USA...I will always be a Midway fan...

CTD will never get my $$ after te way they jacked prices recently...they're still above my LGS! Nothing "Cheaper" about those clowns....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back