Ammo is pouring in

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.56 / 223 is still limited to 1 box / customer / day at the local Academy, but they seem to be getting it pretty consistently.

They had some 22 short today, no limit.

We see it on a fairly consistent basis now. Sometimes you wont see any for up to 2 weeks and then a big ship will arrive for lots of stores and they will be stocked for a week. walked in and saw some 9mm for $20, said nope not for that price. but some of it is decent - heck i found some hornady hollow points 50 rd. ox for $23 today.

Just purchased 7 boxes(50 rounds/box) of Lellier & Bellot 115gr JHP 9mm for my wife's CZ Rami CCW at a local gunshop in Rochester, MN.

She'll have to run a box or two to test for accuracy and feeding dependability. She usually carries Winchester PDX1 147gr so the lighter and probably hotter L&B JHP will have a different point of impact at 21 feet and under.

Oh and I forgot to mention they were $23.99/box of 50 rounds for JHPs'.

+1 here in Georgia ...American Eagle 9mm FMJ box of 50 for $19.99 per box limit one box per customer ...that's the same price as 45ACP was prior to Obama scare !! ...Glad to see ammo on the shelf but I will not buy 9mm FMJ practice loads for forty cents a piece !! (For reference , same box of 9mm ammo cost $12.99 in Oct. 2012)

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
+1 here in Georgia ...American Eagle 9mm FMJ box of 50 for $19.99 per box limit one box per customer ...that's the same price as 45ACP was prior to Obama scare !! ...Glad to see ammo on the shelf but I will not buy 9mm FMJ practice loads for forty cents a piece !! (For reference , same box of 9mm ammo cost $12.99 in Oct. 2012)

yep. my best luck has been with blazer brass, everywhere it is $15/box; the best values i have found were in the large bulk packs of UMC, Dunhams up here regularly has it for $69/250 rd box, then you can use a 10% off voucher and knock it down to $62. that makes it roughly $12.50/box if youre talking 50/box. Saving up for a new pistol (beretta) however so ammo spending is almost nada for me now. I did end up buying those hornady HAPs but find that they are not true hollow points - just match ammo that doesnt expand like full hps do. felt cheated at $25/box might as well have bought fmjs. oh well.

My local gander mountain is still fresh out. Thursday morning, very early is the only chance you have to get any. Get there early and get your number.

It's funny how some people have so little control over their own lives that it drives them to make fun of others for simply wanting to be prepared.

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Worn out quote but unarguable.

Originally Posted By: dakota99

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Worn out quote but unarguable.

my words exactly to my wife for getting a gun!

Originally Posted By: dakota99
It's funny how some people have so little control over their own lives that it drives them to make fun of others for simply wanting to be prepared.

Everybody maintains some level of preparedness - bandages in the medicine cabinet or an extra few gallons of gas for the generator are examples. But there are people on here who carry it too far. During the ammo shortage, somebody was bragging about buying stuff in a caliber that he didn't own with the intention to trade it during upcoming doomsday.

I would argue that the people who are waiting in line for hours or paying exorbitant prices have less control over their lives.

Now that i can understand, i think that's silly. I guess my comment was directed towards the people who laugh at us for buying guns and ammo period. I was told by a lady one day while waiting in line to check out that i was contributing to the decline of this country by supporting the manufacturers and buying guns / ammunition. I really didn't know what to say, what i was doing was taking responsibility for my own protection. She seemed to think that the police were good enough for that.

Unfortunately most of the time it takes a bad experience to wake people up.

Local gun shop has 46,000 rounds of 9x19 israeli surplus ammo for 19.00 per 100. Its real hot ammo but reports are decent on its function. Sales are online only but it can be picked up at the store to avoid shipping. double action

Originally Posted By: bradepb
Not bad but kind of uncommon calibers.

Somebody had asked about 10mm under $20 (now sold out though) and folks were searching for 9x18 - it used to be ubiquitous.

Caution, noobies take note , the 9mm is 9x18 not your usual 9x19 luger.

Gosh, yes. Part of shooting responsibly is learning ammo precision, so to speak.

Local gun shop has 46,000 rounds of 9x19 israeli surplus ammo for 19.00 per 100. Its real hot ammo but reports are decent on its function. Sales are online only but it can be picked up at the store to avoid shipping. double action

Thanks for the link! I just ordered some.

I was one of the guys looking for 10mm. Found some, American Eagle for range, and a few hundred rounds of Buffalo Bore 180 gr for carry.

Great link though, Pablo, I added it to my favorites.

My wife and I purchased a total of 12 boxes x 50 rounds of TulAmmo .45 ACP BrassMAXX FMJ's at Walmart's throughout IL this past week.

Decent practice round albeit somewhat dirty but keeping pistols lubed w/ TW25B grease and the gunpowder residue just wipes off w/ little to no effort.

Oh and it's been all used up already, happy 4th America!

I just got 250 rounds of 9mm luger yesterday I ordered on the internet. Perhaps if you are having trouble finding it at stores you can search online.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMFan
I just got 250 rounds of 9mm luger yesterday I ordered on the internet. Perhaps if you are having trouble finding it at stores you can search online.
what was your total cost per round shipped then?

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
You talkin to me? you talkin to me????I loved that movie was way ahead of itself.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
When's your hoarding gonna stop.
smile.gif

I assume you're talking to me? lol.

I admit I am hoarding a little. But some guys come in and clear the shelves...I've seen it myself. I don't take everything and will usually leave some for the next guy (per my original post). Do I have a compulsion to buy ammo? Yes. Is it fear? Perhaps. I don't know what's around the bend and want to make sure my family is protected. Of course that's in the minds of every other sensible gun owner around. The unsensible ones are the ones who clear the shelves and resell it for profit. Those guys are total losers.

Best scene: "That wasn't very nice. Now yous need to apologize."
(smart-aleck brazen response)
(goes and locks doors) "Now you's can't leave."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back