Amica car insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Fawteen
Louisiana is usually the first or second highest state for insurance premiums. I don't know the reasons, but it's at least 3 or 4 times what we pay here in Alabama. We pay around $1,000/year for both fully insured vehicles.

There are a lot of potential reasons for the $8,000 premium. It could be that they just don't want to do business in that area and intentionally price themselves out of the market. There may be other factors-type of vehicle, driving record (you did just have a very significant claim which, while not moving does impact rates), your driving distance, etc.

The higher limits/lower premiums sounds odd, but they may have a reason for it. Insurance companies do some pretty odd stuff.

Originally Posted by Benzadmiral

I'm looking into moving to WI. (No, seriously. It sounds like a great place to live.)

I was in Wisconsin once in the winter. Never again. They can keep their snow and frigid temperatures-the only ice I want to see is the ice in my glass of water while I'm sitting by the pool in January.

I've lived in the South almost my whole life, and I've never felt as though I were a part of it. And I want to see four seasons again.

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
Did I miss pictures of the newest Buick?

Hello, sir,

Check page 2 of this thread: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5184175/2 It's a '16 LaCrosse Premium I, ruby red over cream, 35K miles, with the V-6 and some factory warranty left. A worthy successor to the Park Avenue I drove from 2007-2014.

Heh.... your taste in Buicks still does not disappoint. That's a fantastic color combination.

Did I miss pictures of the newest Buick?

Hello, sir,

Check page 2 of this thread: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5184175/2 It's a '16 LaCrosse Premium I, ruby red over cream, 35K miles, with the V-6 and some factory warranty left. A worthy successor to the Park Avenue I drove from 2007-2014.

Heh.... your taste in Buicks still does not disappoint. That's a fantastic color combination.

I'd been looking for a color combo like that in a Regal Turbo, but couldn't find one. So in March I went with a gold over cream BMW. A fine car, but it shipped water in the July 10 flood, and the insurance people totaled it. There were no BMWs I liked that I could afford at the dealer. Looking around, I spotted this Buick at a local Subaru dealer; I drove it, accepted their offer of an overnight test drive, and came back the next day with, "Let's talk money."

I drove it to work that afternoon. Smooth, nimble, comfortable, and powerful (304 HP) it is.

Originally Posted by Ignatius
I have had Amica for over six years now with no complaints. My rates marginally increased this year after moving from Illinois to Wisconsin so I decided to rate shop. Geico was slightly lower BUT Amica offers a dividend sharing program where you get a check mailed to you every year based on your dividend earnings. I am happy to stay with Amica and have top level coverage for $74 per month.

I'm looking into moving to WI. (No, seriously. It sounds like a great place to live.)

So this line they're handing me about higher limits = lower premiums is nonsense?

I have enjoyed living in east central Wisconsin so far, taxes alone make it worth living here compared to Illinois. Winter can be brutal, I presume that weather related accidents are probably the key contributior to higher insurance rates.

Where I live there are large amounts of deer and turkey that people often get in accidents with.

I have had Amica for over six years now with no complaints. My rates marginally increased this year after moving from Illinois to Wisconsin so I decided to rate shop. Geico was slightly lower BUT Amica offers a dividend sharing program where you get a check mailed to you every year based on your dividend earnings. I am happy to stay with Amica and have top level coverage for $74 per month.

I have enjoyed living in east central Wisconsin so far, taxes alone make it worth living here compared to Illinois. Winter can be brutal, I presume that weather related accidents are probably the key contributior to higher insurance rates.

Where I live there are large amounts of deer and turkey that people often get in accidents with.

If $74/month is a higher insurance rate, I'm there. The house prices look good as well compared to this place. Nowadays I wouldn't mind living in a town of 75,000.

I've got a 2013 Nissan Sentra ($70.00) a month and a 2012 Nissan Versa ($60.00) a month full coverage. BUT I'm old (68). I've had State Farm for 45 years and I'm accident free. Not an exciting ride but dependable and cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back