America's New Normal: Chronically Ill Kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good.....

"More kids than not are now chronically ill, developmentally delayed, and eating or injecting prescription medications from cradle to grave – which is going to be a quicker trip for them than it was for their parents, according to data on life expectancy in the US. We are inured to childhood autism, epilepsy, allergy, asthma, diabetes, obesity, Crohn’s disease and cancer. We are dying younger. We are going backwards."

http://fearlessparent.org/americas-new-normal-chronically-ill-kids/

Yep, big pharmaceutical companies tell us we need to be on their medications for our own good.
smirk.gif

Yep, more interventions from the seconds that they are born, and more dis-ease than ever ????

Makes sense. You have to let your body experience germs to grow its immune system. Not by sanitizing everything, immunizing everything, etc.

It's like the constant pushing of the flu shot. No thanks. I'm statistically more likely to die in a car accident than from the Flu. And I've got thousands of years of evolution in my body to fight it off. I could also use some time off work.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Yep, big pharmaceutical companies tell us we need to be on their medications for our own good.
smirk.gif

+1!

There is a pretty good book out there from author Jim Marr "Trillion Dollar Conspiracy." It's darn good and scary! Particular from about pg. 60 to 100. Worth the read.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
smirk.gif

But Nr Nice. Big Pharma cured so and so, so that means they're good and we should happily take everything they present us with.

We as humans are driving ourselves into extinction. All tha trying to save everyone from everything, catering to the disabled, etc just makes all those weak genes get passed on to the next generation. We really need to just let these people die so they're removed from the gene pool. Yes, it sounds cruel and heartless, but for the long term survival of the species that's what needs to happen. If we keep up what we're doing, humans will be extinct sooner rather than later.

It's true that we over-coddle our kids, over-sanitize our environments, spend too little on food, spend too much on health care, and have some of the worst health outcomes in the developed world. I have to deal with the side-effects of this professionally on a daily basis. It's also true that Big Pharma's incentives don't always align with those of a society trying to be healthy.

It's NOT true that vaccinations and GMOs are to blame for our troubles, outside of maybe -- maybe -- a very few select and minor cases.

This article's good points are seamlessly mixed in with a lot of dangerous misinformation.

I thought "big pharma" R&D drugs. How do they get you to use them? In Canada we have the right to refuse treatment. Me? I'm just not allowed to leave the hospital grounds unless I take my medications first.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
It's true that we over-coddle our kids, over-sanitize our environments, spend too little on food, spend too much on health care, and have some of the worst health outcomes in the developed world. I have to deal with the side-effects of this professionally on a daily basis. It's also true that Big Pharma's incentives don't always align with those of a society trying to be healthy.

It's NOT true that vaccinations and GMOs are to blame for our troubles, outside of maybe -- maybe -- a very few select and minor cases.

This article's good points are seamlessly mixed in with a lot of dangerous misinformation.

It's hard to pick out the pseudoscience from debates like this. Thank you for doing that.

All three of my kids were nursed by mum and rarely if ever gotten sick enough to take these things. My wife spends the time to prepare homemade food with non-spraying farms or garden veggies if possible.

Flu shots she finally gave in for herself/kids two years ago due to her work(hospital) essentially forcing her and getting severely sick with flu while pregnant.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

Great post. People love to hammer "Big Pharma" that has produced drugs that have doubled the average lifespan in the last 150 years.

Originally Posted By: mad

Flu shots she finally gave in for herself/kids two years ago due to her work(hospital) essentially forcing her and getting severely sick with flu while pregnant.

The flu shot can't give you the flu

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
When I was a kid the only vaccine we got was for polio; we all did just fine.

Not "all" kids did "just fine" many thousands died of "whooping cough". I had it. And you didn't need the Smallpox Vaccine. "Big Pharma" eradicated that disease.

Last edited:
When I was a kid the only vaccine we got was for polio; we all did just fine except for those who died of whooping cough, measles, influenza, and meningitis.

I think there's a lot of problems due to food additives as well. I think the standard safety tests are pretty minimal and there's no additive interaction testing.
Also big Pharma does act in their best interest, sometimes that lines up with the greater good for society and often it doesn't.

There is lots of study now on the role of our internal gut bugs and even something like cesarean section births reduces the variety of gut flora that babies need to get their gut started properly. Add a few runs of unneeded antibiotics before they are 2 and that kid has more risk for being unhealthy.

It was much better to toughen kids up with polio, TB, smallpox, and scarlet fever...kill off the weak little losers.
And autism/Asperger's has always been around, used to be those kids were just called "weird" and ignored. They were isolated into special schools or classes and most people didn't even know they were around.

LOL, it's started. You can't talk about this stuff sensibly without polio, smallpox, etc getting roped in. So since we hate polio we also have to medicate our kid that's bored at his .gov school that caters to the lowest common denominator. Since we hate polio we have to medicate our kid that's a little introverted because we went to daycare and was stuck in a pack and play for 8 hours a day with little human interaction. Since we hate polio we have to medicate our kid that's out of control because he didn't have any concept of boundaries or discipline. And so on. Thanks big pharma!!!

Originally Posted By: madRiver
All three of my kids were nursed by mum and rarely if ever gotten sick enough to take these things. My wife spends the time to prepare homemade food with non-spraying farms or garden veggies if possible.

There is probably merit in these actions. Breastfed babies seem to develop more robust immune systems and are more healthy.

Ditto for living on a farm. The immune system has many opportunities to develop when surrounded by the rural flora and fauna.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

More likely, she touched a doorknob where a sick patient left some bug for the next lucky soul to catch.

When you go to the Dr or hospital, you are in contact with sick people. That's your most likely source of illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back