Ambiguous bumper stickers/decals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The dumbest and gayest ones are the soccer ball or paw print with some kid's name on it!

Stick family ones are gay.

Coexist and Tolerance ones are repulsive.

One of the most pathetic posts that I've seen on BITOG for quite some time.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Stick families make me all road-rage-y.

If that upsets you that much then you need to seek mental help. Soon.

I have to agree with Pop_Rivit.

Here's a quick and easy heuristic that has worked well for me: avoid all trucks (I can't remember ever seeing one of these stickers on car) with "Motorcycles Are Everywhere" bumper stickers, as they're inevitably driven by some of the worst drivers you'll ever encounter. It's possible the bumper sticker is meant as a reminder for themselves, in which cased I applaud those people.

I think it's fine to rant about bumper/window stickers...while at the same time realizing they have a right to them (of course).
I find most of them annoying as well. Why? Well, only because I get tired of being subjected to others opinions no matter where I turn. Yes, I look the other way.....but not until after the unavoidable tendency to read them. It's natural. I don't particularly care whet they want to say....but the most irritating part is WHY they feel they NEED to tell complete strangers about themselves in such a tacky manner. It's strange to me. Why does anybody feel a desire to tell me they are gay...have three kids and a dog....believe in Jesus.....use a particular brand of ANYTHING....and on and on and on? Maybe they are looking for approval? I don't know. They can put whatever bumper stickers they want on their car, but at the same time if they look in the rear-view mirror and see me shaking my head in wonderment, I trust they will afford me that occasional reaction?!

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
Today I saw: "I [heart shape] Crack Whores" on a company truck.

Really?

I love this.

I saw a great stick family the other day: guy, dog, motorcycle, bag of money.

I just find it odd that I just came in after putting not one, but two stickers on my WRX. First time I have put stickers on any car, and here is this thread! Really quite amazing.

Yes on the glass - I thought no way is this going on the paint and they are easy to remove the day after the election.

NO ON I-594 and YES ON I-591. It's a WA civil rights thing. NOT ambiguous at all!

Me and my girl were out driving around the other afternoon and we saw a HUGE bumper sticker on this old beat up truck that said "I LOVE MY WIFE". We both started laughing and she said,"That guy must be WHIPPED!" haha

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Giant HONDA or [insert make or model here] stickers on either the back glass or windshield are my favorites.

My wife rolls her eyes every time I point and yell, "HONDA!? There's a Honda! Wanna know how I know??"

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I just find it odd that I just came in after putting not one, but two stickers on my WRX. First time I have put stickers on any car, and here is this thread! Really quite amazing.

Yes on the glass - I thought no way is this going on the paint and they are easy to remove the day after the election.

NO ON I-594 and YES ON I-591. It's a WA civil rights thing. NOT ambiguous at all!

Hey Pablo. Back in the mid-90s I knew this guy with an 80s era MR2 who had the entire side,hood,rear hatch painted with HUGE Amsoil logos,had an Amsoil banner across the top of the windshield,top of the rear window,and had Amsoil stickers all over his dash :^) He's where I first heard about Amsoil. He gave me a bottle of Amsoil 2 stroke oil one day and told me to try it out (I had a landscaping business back then and used alot of 2-stroke yard equipment).
cheers3.gif

Well I do give the Amsoil stickers out, but I don't have them on my cars. I suppose I should when I retire. I just don't like them there for my real job.

I failed to mention how many stickers I have - I have TON of different stickers, gun stuff, bike stuff, car stuff - I keep them in a relatively dark and temp controlled area. I might get all wild one day and put one on my car.

OK OK I do have a mess of cool stickers on my air compressor tank. Living on the loose and wooly side, I am.

I take notice of license plates more often than bumper stickers. There was a white VW Rabbit convertible with the plate "ML8 ML8". I didn't get it until I arrived at work in the parking lot and had a smile on my face all the way to my office.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Well I do give the Amsoil stickers out, but I don't have them on my cars. I suppose I should when I retire. I just don't like them there for my real job.

I failed to mention how many stickers I have - I have TON of different stickers, gun stuff, bike stuff, car stuff - I keep them in a relatively dark and temp controlled area. I might get all wild one day and put one on my car.

OK OK I do have a mess of cool stickers on my air compressor tank. Living on the loose and wooly side, I am.

You sound like me Pablo,I have a bunch of really cool car/oil related stickers,and I keep them stored in mint condition :^) I have a bunch of Amsoil,Royal Purple,Mobil 1,Pennzoil,and some OEM Nissan Z Anniversary decals tucked away.

Originally Posted By: Hollow
The dumbest and gayest ones...Stick family ones are gay.

...Really? Using gay as a derogative?

Quote:

So people should continue to opposed to anything that does not look like them or believe what they do?

I actually don't have anything to say that isn't an insult.

Are you the great defender of Political Correctness?

Of course, there was the "Baby On Board" window pendant back in the ''80s.

My Dad made a good one from multiple campaign stickers back in the '60s during an election. It said "No on Yes, Yes on No". At age 10 I thought he was a genius!

Haha,

Scott

I have a salt life sticker directly in the center of the back window of my Accord. It looks nice, and its not on the paint so it wont do any damage. If done right they can give the car some positive character. I dont like it though when people have them COVERING the back of there vehicle. That looks pretty trashy.

Originally Posted By: Clubber_Lang

Are you the great defender of not getting called out on being derogative and offensive?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
The dumbest and gayest ones are the soccer ball or paw print with some kid's name on it!

Stick family ones are gay.

One of the most pathetic posts that I've seen on BITOG for quite some time.

+1

Gotta love this site. Practically no thread can go more than one page without an argument or slight against another person....at least it seems that way much of the time.

Originally Posted By: Hollow
Originally Posted By: Clubber_Lang

Are you the great defender of not getting called out on being derogative and offensive?

Hmm, so you are tolerant, but you dont tolerate a mans opinion because it conflicts with yours? Typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back