Amazon slow motion

I returned some ill fitting shoes to the instant return counter at Whole Foods. Up until now, $ next day. Did something change? Look at this:

1692458041987.jpg

My Amazon refunds last week were posted before I got home. Mine go to a UPS Store. Very teutonic bunch with GAP

If I go to UPS I get a refund right away but still takes a good month before refund is complete. I have a friend that Amazon recharged his card because they were not happy with the return. Amazon sells a lot of junk these days.

Wow! That is terrible. To me, that sends a clear signal, of lack of respect for the customer.

If it were me, I think I'd be sending a letter to corporate, showing that timeline, and telling them that you will be taking your business elsewhere from now on.

With all the Scamming going on maybe Amazon needs to check the returned items to make sure someone isn't pull'n a fast one before they refund .

just call them. i've waited once and never got refunded, called them and was refunded on the spot

i think a lot depends on the cost of the item and if its shipped and sold by amazon. if its sold and ship by the seller , many times they want it back before they issue a refund.

i usually go direct to a amazon hub. they scan and i get a refund right there. a ups store, even though they scan it, sometimes they wait till they get it back before they issue a refund.

i also think it depends on the keep to return ratio. if you return a lot of the stuff you buy, the algorithm will slow the refunds down.

this is my personal experience .

Don't do a deb/cred card return do a gift card return instead. Super fast and you'll order something soon with it eventually.

just call them. i've waited once and never got refunded, called them and was refunded on the spot
Just got off the phone. The nice lady said yeah, the site sometimes doesn't update since they changed it to show it that way (basically under promise and over achieve :LOL: ) . They received the shoes and the credit is being issued.

I think it is instant but I tend to order from Amazon as the seller. That would make a difference. There also may be a caveat for refunds to a cc vs a store credit especially if it’s not to the chase Amazon card.

Back