Amazon shipping rant (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Prime member for at least 2 years now. Within the last 9 months I've had numerous small ticket items not being delivered to my work address (I even put in the delivery instructions that our plant is open 24/7) even though the tracking shows that the item was dropped off in the front office or mail room. This only happens when the package was being delivered by what I'm assuming a 3rd party carrier, not UPS or USPS. Case in point: I ordered a 120mm USB case fan ($12.99) last Tuesday (4/24) and it was suppose to arrive on 4/27. Tracking shows that delivery was attempted at 3:55PM but the business was closed. I checked our security cameras (we have 10 HD PTZ in our plant) and nobody pulled up to our front gate, and I checked an hour before and after said delivery was attempted. On Monday 4/30 tracking showed that the package was delivered at 1:55PM, again, nobody but employees went though the gates, and I checked the cameras to make sure. I called Amazon customer service, explained the situation, and I get some spiel about how the tracking doesn't always reflect the 'real time' progress of the package whereabouts. I'm like,"What The Frak"? That's the whole point of tracking isn't it? And if the tracking shows that the package was dropped off but the front desk person and the security cameras say otherwise, what is going on? The Amazon customer service agent refunded my order, but I'm still a little peeved over this. I'd cancel Prime in a second, but my wife loves that friggin Alexa/Echo too much. Ok, rant off...

At least for me, the updates for when things are delivered are very quick. I don't recall any that weren't within an hour of drop-off. I used to keep an eye out for packages, but now I just wait for the email.

Sorry to hear about your issues. While Amazons shipping sucks, their customer service is usually very good.

I am going through this very same problem as I write this. I ordered some small gun parts over week ago. I got an email saying they were delivered on Saturday.
Well I was home all day and they never came to my house. I started a Chat with a rep and he said that sometimes the driver scans the item as delivered by mistake. Said I should have the package by Monday at the latest. I still don't have it. I am giving them till the end of the day and then I am DONE.

On the other hand, when you mail a package to someone by any carrier, and the same thing happens, is it your fault? I think Prime is a good deal, share it with my daughter. Try cancelling it and you will probably go back after a short time.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
On the other hand, when you mail a package to someone by any carrier, and the same thing happens, is it your fault? I think Prime is a good deal, share it with my daughter. Try cancelling it and you will probably go back after a short time.

Oh yeah, and you have a very short time to lock in the current price before it goes up by $20 on May 11th to $119. I believe one way is to give yourself the gift of prime and then once it expires, you can activate it afterwards. Some people did that for a couple years when it went from $79 to $99.

Oh and I think if you complain about the delivery, they used to extend your prime by a month. At least try and get that.

Why not ship to your house? It's obvious the carriers believe it's a pain to deliver to your work location.

On my camera i caught the driver pull up to the house. Sit 5 mins and drive off. CS was not interested in the story of the driver stealing the package. They just offered refund.

Here is a WILD suggestion. Instead of shipping to work where a carrier has to go through a security gate, pass security cameras, and then find a front desk girl, how about delivering it your house where they can put it right in the shiny box that says “US Mail” or on the front porch if the mailbox is too small. Crazy, I know.

You can also use the amazon locker, which will highly increase the it will be there when marked.

This is the reaping of what you sow for free 2-day shipping and the race to the bottom.
As they need to make it worthwhile, this means working on the razor's edge of efficiency including utilizing gig workforce for drivers.
Drivers will often just mark stats as delivered if they can't finish their load, and catch up "tomorrow" or give up.

Originally Posted By: road_rascal
I'd cancel Prime in a second, but my wife loves that friggin Alexa/Echo too much. Ok, rant off...

Sounds like they own you. Wife would
09.gif
if you cancel, so only option may be to not ship to work address?

When delivering to house, they will leave on my doorstep.. A big no no in Chicago.

Amazon locker is my preference but often it is full (I have three locations set)

Delivery to the work place works for many. the delivery person is there anyway delivering other mail.
As for finishing their load, I see the USPS person still delivering at 8pm in the dark sometimes.

Originally Posted By: Jooksing
When delivering to house, they will leave on my doorstep.. A big no no in Chicago.

Amazon locker is my preference but often it is full (I have three locations set)

Delivery to the work place works for many. the delivery person is there anyway delivering other mail.
As for finishing their load, I see the USPS person still delivering at 8pm in the dark sometimes.

Plus I think it's normally easier to deliver to a workplace. It's even cheaper than a residential address, probably because less of a chance for it to be stolen and quicker because someone is always there to sign for it. But of course with Prime, there's no added cost either way.

When Prime shipping is late you can get $10 Amazon Credit or get a Prime Membership extended for 1 month at no charge.

Last year I got 8 months of Prime for free.

Originally Posted By: lego
When Prime shipping is late you can get $10 Amazon Credit or get a Prime Membership extended for 1 month at no charge.

Last year I got 8 months of Prime for free.

What action was required on your part?

Never had an issue with Amazon delivery. They even take a picture of where the package was delivered so I don't have to look in multiple places. Love that feature!

As others have noted, you might want stuff delivered at your house.

Same thing happened to me Sunday. I'm a prime member (membership is outrageous) I was outside on the front porch and received a text message that my amazon order had been delivered. I called of course there was a language barrier. On Monday afternoon the carrier delivered the package and put a note on the door that I wasn't home. I was he didn't knock or ring the bell the note was dated Sunday. The U.S. Post Office has the contract for Sunday delivery in my area. It happens to be my regular postman.

Amazon's contract employees have been really bad. Guessing that my postman is making double the money on Monday and claiming he's delivering the packages on Sunday. I told amazon that this was fraud and they seemed to care less. I'm with you road_rascal!

Respectfully,

Pajero@!

Believe it or not Amazon Corporate reads Mr. Bezos e-mail. [email protected], I've had good feedback, but try not to complain too much! You pay for a service and expect satisfaction. The USPS is horrible in my area, as a whole. Their are some nice employees, but they are few.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Here is a WILD suggestion. Instead of shipping to work where a carrier has to go through a security gate, pass security cameras, and then find a front desk girl, how about delivering it your house where they can put it right in the shiny box that says “US Mail” or on the front porch if the mailbox is too small. Crazy, I know.

I live in a townhouse complex where only the post office can open the mail box to deposit mail. Plus I'd rather not advertise that I had something delivered. Nice try though.....

Originally Posted By: road_rascal
Originally Posted By: bubbatime

I live in a townhouse complex where only the post office can open the mail box to deposit mail. Plus I'd rather not advertise that I had something delivered. Nice try though.....
I'd move if I were worried about the neighbors seeing I had something delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back