amazon basics shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a mechanical switch. My shredder (not Amazon) has a visible little tab (that moves a switch) where you feed the paper that controls the shredder motor.

I probably have the same one. Black bin, sliver top with a safety mechanism for the paper slot and a CD slot?

If it keeps running.. good luck finding a fix. There IS an optical sensor in the paper pathway, but I think it dies after some time.

I took mine apart, removed the safety, and just move the switch to AUTO any time I need to use it.

I have the same shredder, too. Just filled it up. Hope it keeps working as perfectly as it has been.

Originally Posted By: oilmutt
What is a hemostats?

I don't know, but I lube my shredder periodically by pouring a bit of mineral oil onto a sheet of paper and running it through. Baby oil works, too, if you want that fresh baby butt scent. As long as I do that, it never jams.

Originally Posted By: oilmutt
What is a hemostats?

Sorry, did not think about the terminology I used. I use them as i can clean an pull the paper bits out without cutting my fingers.

31LlHZdBNkL.jpg

I have one that I bought at Wal-Mart and it does the same thing. Clean all the paper and plastic from credit cards out usually works for a while.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
it wont shut off after the paper goes through - is the trigger for knowing paper is in it optiical or mechanical. i can unplug it of course

The one in my Aurora shredder is optical. I cleaned off both sides of the sensor and it works again. It was completely covered in paper dust. You could try compressed air before taking it apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back