Alternative to MS Picture it photo editing software for Windows 10?

Wifey has long used MS Picture It to put frames around pictures, and also allowed for easily editing the pics (increasing brightness, etc.). It was also easy to use, in that it didn't have 5 million options to look at, like paint.net. It doesn't appear to work or even install, on Windows 10. I thought I found a way to install it, but program hasn't worked right since new W10 desktop.

Is there any such creature out there that works on Windows 10?

Just be sure to decline any other software offers as they appear, they bundle stuff like Chrome in, not spyware. Check out Format Factory also.

I've used this one for many many years. It has always worked well for me for simple changes & frames/borders.

Arguably, the best free program is what's know as GNU Image Manipulation Program, or just "GIMP" as it's more commonly known. It too has "5 million options" and some people feel it's a direct competitor to Adobe Photoshop, the de facto standard for photo editing. It's a program that's only limited by your imagination and the web is full of documentation to help with it!

Ed

Yeah, if the OP finds paint.net too complicated, then GIMP would be even worse. :)
Oh...I don't disagree at all!

:)

I'm just thinking that...

a.) His Wife will never "outgrow" Gimp's features and...

b.) There's probably a TON of support for help on the internet given that GIMP is open-source.

c.) It's FREE!

Ed

GIMP is out of the question, let's just put that to rest right now. :cool:

Picosmos looks like it is a very good Picture It replacement, and it was updated earlier this month, which means active development, which is nice. I think I'll give that one a shot first.

FWIW, I'm willing to pay, so the solution doesn't have to be freeware. I don't know, I'd like to stay at $50 or less, unless absolutely nothing filled the bill.

Thanks for the recommendation, I have installed that in the past, and dont recall a lot of borders. I should have put this in the OP, I don't just want basic editing, which of course irfanview can do. She likes to make collages with different pictures, and apply borders, stuff like that.

IrfanView

OK thanks to everyone who recommended something. Picosmos or whatever looks like it is the closest to Picture It, so I've just installed that, and we'll give that a go for a while. I'll report back with a review later on.

Back