Alternative methods to fight inflation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Inflation is systemic, but its driven by behavior. Market forces decide prices. If consumers starts to say "no" to something, prices will fall. If same consumers are willing to spend $70K on vehicles, and sales are healthy, look for $75K and $80K vehicles soon.

As far as the 401K, I have leveraged it to do quite well. I won't have to work 'til death by any means. Of course I can't take it with me, no one can, but I am proud to leave a legacy for my kids.
US GDP is $25.4T estimate. Current growth around 2%. Were at about full employment. Tax receipts are the highest they have ever been.

US deficit is $1.5T or about 4%. So we would be in a -2% recession if it were not for money printing. To put that in context, the entire 2008 Recession was -4.3% and is called the great recession and took 7 quarters to get there - so a little more than 2%/year.

So without money printing that causes inflation we would be in a great recession. With full employment and record tax receipts.

I would call that systemic.

Caveat - individuals can do great in inflation - just generally countries as a whole do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back