Almost ready for my next oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have to get an FL-820S and an FA-1032, and I'm all set.
thumbsup2.gif

oil-change.jpg

Course of action:

- Change the fuel filter, and prime the new filter with Liqui-Moly Throttle Valve Cleaner before attaching the input hose.

- Spray the throttle body with the same stuff, and let it sit two minutes. Start the car, and let it run for a minute or two. Attach the hose that came with the can, and keep spraying it past the throttle body with the engine revved up slightly to blast away any carbon build up in the chambers.

- Dump in the Pro-Line Engine Flush and let the engine idle for 20 minutes.

- Let the oil drain for a good hour or so

- Clean the MAF sensor with the Gunk Starting Fluid whilst waiting on oil to drain. Couldn't find chlorinated brake cleaner this time, and MAF cleaner isn't available to me. Remembered someone mention this in my MAF cleaning post, so I picked it up.

- Replace air and oil filters

- Dump in the fresh oil with MoS2 and Motor Oil Saver

- Cross rotate the tires and adjust pressures.

- Grab an ice cold drink.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Looks like your good to go 4 sure!

At least for another 3,000 miles before I rotate the tires again.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Boy, you panther guys are tight. I wish I could be in the panther club
frown.gif

Doing everything I can to pamper this car.
smile.gif
My maintenance intervals consists of a tire rotation/brake inspection every 5,000 km (3,000 miles), along with a battery/alternator test. I also grease all the ball joints, etc. It's quite a list at the 10,000 km (6,250 mile mark):

- Let engine idle for 20-30 minutes with the Pro-Line Engine Flush
- Rotate tires and inspect brakes
- Clean throttle body and MAF sensor
- Replace oil and air filter
- Replace engine oil
- Lubricate hinges, latches, weatherstrips, etc.
- Clean battery terminals and apply protectant

Every 40,000 km (25,000 miles):

- Replace ATF (including draining the torque converter) and A/T filter (started running Liqui-Moly's transmission flush now, also gets LubeGard Red at every interval)
- Replace rear axle lubricant (adding MoS2)
- Replace power steering fluid (adding MoS2)
- Replace fuel filter (priming it first with the throttle body cleaner above)
- Replace brake fluid (also whenever a brake job is performed)

Every 80,000 km (50,000 miles), it's all of the above plus:

- Replace coolant after running Liqui-Moly Radiator Cleaner
- Replace thermostat, radiator cap and inspect hoses (replace if needed)
- Replace serpentine belt
- Replace PCV valve
- Inspect water pump

Every 100,000 (62,500 miles) it's all the above plus:

- Replace spark plugs
- Replace coil boots
- Replace injector O-rings

I also get the suspension/steering checked every 50,000 km (31,250 miles).

In about 6 month's time, I'm looking to see if I can get a 2012 Crown Vic Police Interceptor through work. Ford has agreed to supply Crown Victorias to us until June 2013, and although this will delay my Marauder conversion project, it would be my last chance to buy a new Panther. Given a choice between a Long Wheel Base (P7A), Commercial (P7C) and a Police Interceptor (P7B), the PI is as common as hen's teeth outside the police force, so it is tempting - especially if I can get one in Medium Titanium Metallic, which looks like this:

29cq4gh.jpg

smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS

In about 6 month's time, I'm looking to see if I can get a 2012 Crown Vic Police Interceptor through work. Ford has agreed to supply Crown Victorias to us until June 2013, and although this will delay my Marauder conversion project, it would be my last chance to buy a new Panther. Given a choice between a Long Wheel Base (P7A), Commercial (P7C) and a Police Interceptor (P7B), the PI is as common as hen's teeth outside the police force, so it is tempting - especially if I can get one in Medium Titanium Metallic, which looks like this:

29cq4gh.jpg

smile.gif

That Interceptor looks AWESOME in that color!

You are sooooooo lucky to have the Interceptor around till 2013! But is sad it will not be coming off the line anymore for my neck of the woods..Some agencies down here got as many 2011 Interceptors as their budget would allow.

Yes, might as well go for it while I still can. Obviously this is going to be another money pit, but for the most part, it's going to be covered up and sitting in the shade. Knowing myself though, I'm not going to be able to refrain myself from spending money on it right after delivery:

- Honey comb grille with body color surround and black center
- 2003-2005 Grand Marquis corner lights with corner lighting feature
- Body color door handles
- Body color mirror caps
- Black out B-pillars
- The car comes with civilian door trim, which is missing the piece on the driver's door and front fenders, so I will install those
- Body color rear fascia and taillight trim
- Post cat Marauder tail pipes
- Mustang Bullitt wheels with body color spokes and black chrome lips
- Illuminated front foot wells
- Under hood lighting

I'll also get the chrome strips that were removed from the bumpers for 2006+, get them painted body color and install them. Should have a pretty nice looking car by the end of it, with performance mods to follow.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back