Almond milk.

For me it depends on if the almond milk is the shelf stable or refrigerated, and brand. Sone taste really off and some are very creamy.

Have you tried Almond Breeze Chocolate Milk? Very tasty and I usually just drink unsweetened. Was on whole milk but switched back

Reactions: hrv
That's misleading, because you're including the water. Aside from the water and fat, cow's milk is a little over half sugar. The balance is mostly protein.
Lactose is the sugar in milk . Fruc tose, suc rose, Lac tose etc, tose = sugar.

Depends on the Almond milk. I prefer soy milk in my coffee. You can get sugar free milk and it's quite different. A few places carry it. Oat milk can't be healthy for you in the long run though. It has emulsifiers, guar gum.

I drank the non-sweetened vanilla almond milk for a while. Then I read almonds have lectins...bad for you. It seems no matter what you eat or drink, there is some sort of study telling you it's bad. I don't believe any of that BS anymore. Just use common sense, try to eat whole foods and veggies, stay away from sugar and man made substances. Nowadays I drink whole A2 milk.

I drank the non-sweetened vanilla almond milk for a while. Then I read almonds have lectins...bad for you. It seems no matter what you eat or drink, there is some sort of study telling you it's bad. I don't believe any of that BS anymore. Just use common sense, try to eat whole foods and veggies, stay away from sugar and man made substances. Nowadays I drink whole A2 milk.
If you don't have a lectin intolerance you need not worry. Also, the lectins are in the skin of the almonds and almond milk is way too light-colored to make me believe it contains any almond skin.

Jack LaLanne said something to the effect of: "If man made it, spit it out".

I don't believe any of those man made products are healthy.

Can't fault him, he lived to 96 and died of pneumonia as he refused to see a doctor.

Is almond milk "man made"?
Yep. They're processed somehow with water. I like it though, it's really good and light. I like the unsweetened kind. I'm guessing it's just basically smushed up almonds and water?

My fave milk lately is Mootopia 2% from HEB. They call it "ultra filtered milk". It's really good and smooth.

Back