Ally 400 at Nashville Superspeedway

Race Results.jpg

You are spot on @Red Crow. I wonder if this was their typical mile and a half brake package?

I'm sure the crew chiefs notebook were busy today.
Cliff Daniels was on the SiriusXM NASCAR post race show and said there was a mix of teams using an intermediate brake package and others using more of a short track brake package. You can guess what the right choice was.

Would have been interesting to see them approach Nashville with a gear that allowed you to downshift to help slow the car down. If the car wasn't slated for such drastic changes next year, might have been a consideration for next season. As you've mentioned the new car will have much bigger brakes so they probably wont have a braking problem .

Start Time: approximately 3:30pm EDT on June 20th

Television: NBCSN @ 3:30pm EDT

Radio: MRN @ 3:30pm EDT

Race Length: 300 laps (399.9 mi / 643.58 km)

Race Stages: 90-95-115

Track Information: Nashville Superspeedway is a 1.333 mile (2.15 kilometer) tri-oval located in Nashville, TN USA.

Cars to the rear: #00-Houff (unapproved adjustments), #24-Byron (unapproved adjustments), #43-Jones (unapproved adjustments)

Tire: Goodyear Eagle Speedway Radials

Set limits: Cup – 3 sets for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 10 sets for the race
(9 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying)

Tire Codes: Left-side — D-4942; Right-side — D-4968

Tire Circumference: Left-side — 2,225 mm (87.60 in.); Right-side — 2,252 mm (88.66 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation: Left Front — 18 psi; Left Rear — 18 psi; Right Front — 42 psi; Right Rear — 40 psi

View attachment 60972View attachment 60973View attachment 60971
I've got my flamesuit on so I'll go ahead and say it. I can't stand the NBC color guys. They are shrill and talk like they skipped every English class in their schooling. I always liked Dale Jr. as a driver but as a tv announcer....Not. I much prefer the Fox team. They are funny and informative.
And what it it with the Larson Chevy?? Nobody can catch or keep up with him. How can that car be so much better than everyone else?? Something smells!

I've got my flamesuit on so I'll go ahead and say it. I can't stand the NBC color guys. They are shrill and talk like they skipped every English class in their schooling. I always liked Dale Jr. as a driver but as a tv announcer....Not. I much prefer the Fox team. They are funny and informative.
And what it it with the Larson Chevy?? Nobody can catch or keep up with him. How can that car be so much better than everyone else?? Something smells!
I get it. Not a fan of Rick Allen personally. I would like to see Leigh Diffey or Alan Bestwick in there instead. I think they have too many people in the booth. They seem to be talking over eachother a lot.

A bit OT, but my son and I hope to see a Cup race at as many different tracks as possible. I've driven a few but with the exception of Kentucky Speedway I haven't seen races there.

I get it. Not a fan of Rick Allen personally. I would like to see Leigh Diffey or Alan Bestwick in there instead. I think they have too many people in the booth. They seem to be talking over eachother a lot.
Bestwick FTW! He's always been one of my favorites.

Rick Allen...ugh. I'm so tired of his over-the-top baseball voice.

Back