Allstate Insurance

CKN

So - I received my renewal from my present insurance carrier-and it's up 25% for no reasons I have caused. Allstate provided a very competitive quote-but the 2,200 online reviews are nothing short of brutal. Does anyone have any RECENT personal experience-good or bad?
Appreciate the input.

I've had them for the last 5 years and no issues...but no claims either. 1 car and 2 houses with them.

I've had them for the last 5 years and no issues...but no claims either. 1 car and 2 houses with them.
Thanks-
The issues seems to be with claims. My experience with my past carriers have been nothing short of exceptional in servicing claims.

Yeah. I been with them over 25 years. Last several years EVERY single time a bill is due they increase the cost of coverage.
Just got the 6 mo car insurance bill. Wife and I both 67 with zero tickets or wrecks and they want $1300 for full coverage
on 2018 and 2009 Honda AccordExls. I have auto / home / flood with them. They have paid off instantly with any home owner
claims.

I got good news just today. Got statement in the mail from Nationwide. Premium went up 20%. Called my agent. She got me a quote from Progressive for less than half. This is coverage for a 2018 4Runner and a 2013 Camry. More than happy.

Progressive raised my rate when I REMOVED my transit connect from my policy when I sold it. I should have included free insurance to the buyer lol

I fired Allstate many years ago. The got to be like the cable company. They would increase rates every 6 moths or yearly.
Check with an independent broker.

Sometimes they’re the broker. A bunch of insurers no longer provide new policies or have severely limited policies in California, but their agents still do business in California where they’ll serve as brokers.

My current home was initially insured through Farmers. However, the agent couldn’t get a direct Farmers policy and went looking around. It went through a Farmers affiliate called Mid-Century Insurance. I got billed by Farmers every year, but I had to write my check out to Mid-Century.

I fired Allstate many years ago. The got to be like the cable company. They would increase rates every 6 moths or yearly.
Check with an independent broker.
I find all of them to be the same. I had the lizard co and had the first accident in 28 years (yeah right). Oddly I got an unsolicited quote from mayhem and it was less than the lizard. I said forget it just had an accident. Huh??! It’s factored in? So they were less with the accident than the lizard without.

Yes they kept going up and voila an unsolicited quote from Patrick Mahomes and Taylor swifts boyfriend, less again. And this has gone up too as no accidents except the one in 2010.

The list of the best insurance carriers for 2024, is the same as the list of best refrigerators for 2024.

THEY ARE ALL BAD 😡

I dropped both my home and auto insurance with Allstate. Their rates got out of hand. Saving lots with Progressive.

Pretty much everyone's auto insurance went up. 15-25%

I have progressive. Up 18+%

But yeah Allstate is EXPENSIVE.

Brings back nightmares. My dad had Allstate. We had to pay our own insurance - at 16 and up........man it was every dime I had.

Pain in the backside to switch insurance companies sometimes. Last I switched, they sent someone to my house.
Took pictures of the electrical boxes, water heaters, etc. This was Amica Insurance 10 years ago or so.

Only claim so far, was a deer running into my SUV.

Pain in the backside to switch insurance companies sometimes. Last I switched, they sent someone to my house.
Took pictures of the electrical boxes, water heaters, etc. This was Amica Insurance 10 years ago or so.

Only claim so far, was a deer running into my SUV.
Never had a issue switching...

I shop around each year.. NO need to stay with a company for years..
My experience and who knows why....when I shop around, the price is even higher. When I get an unsolicited offer that already has the VIN of our vehicles, price is lower. At any rate I'm the dummy having comp and collision on cars that have 4 figure wholesale values. Haven't had a car loan in 10+ years. Sometimes we just don't do smart things. What's really sickening is I'll need to put $80k down on a Tahoe High Country, to get a car payment equal to the last one we had. I doubt that I will, more likely 1/2 of that and then the payment will be huge. In this case it will make common sense imho to carry full coverage.

When I did last they said someone might come but they never did. Or maybe they just drove by. Might have to do with the age of the home, etc?
I just switched homeowners and auto. They sent someone out but no one needed to be home or have any interaction with the person. My wife watched him walk around, take pictures, and leave without ever approaching the door.

I just switched homeowners and auto. They sent someone out but no one needed to be home or have any interaction with the person. My wife watched him walk around, take pictures, and leave without ever approaching the door.
Same with me... It was no big deal....

Back