Allison 1000 Drain and Fill Mobil 1 ATF??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Duramax/Allison GMC pickup is at 32K right now. GM recommends servicing at 50K. I want to do a drain and fill, which will replace 7.4 of the 12 quart capacity of the transmission. According to Mobil 1 and Allison's website, this should be no problem to mix syn and dino ATF. What do you folks think?

All of our Allison tranny's (ranging from the 1000 up to 4060, 3060, Ht740, etc - about 65 total) call for Castrol Transyn.

Save yourself some money on the Transynd. Castrol makes Transynd for Allison. Allison reccomends a TES-295 rated synthetic ATF, of which one of the five on Allison's website is BP Autrans Syn 295 which is much cheaper than Transynd. BP is the parent company of Castrol.

Don't all Allison transmissions accept Dexron-III ATF, but the bigger units can have an extended warranty if a TES-295 fluid is used?...Castrol Transynd, etc. Schaeffer #239S is a hydraulic fluid that works very well in larger Allison transmissions.

Pick,
No problem mixing any Dexron-III ATFs. Switching to Mobil 1 ATF over time is a good idea.

Ken

Ken2 - I believe you are correct, but I am still wondering what the GM manual calls for. Amsoil says you can use either ATF (full syn universal) or the Transynd copy ATD (Torque drive)

quote:

Originally posted by Pick:
My Duramax/Allison GMC pickup is at 32K right now. GM recommends servicing at 50K. I want to do a drain and fill, which will replace 7.4 of the 12 quart capacity of the transmission. According to Mobil 1 and Allison's website, this should be no problem to mix syn and dino ATF. What do you folks think?

If im not mistaking amsoil makes atf spicificly for the allison tranny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back