Alldata DIY - anyone using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone subscribe to Alldata? Do they REALLY give you all of the information that is in the factory service manuals? Anything missing or different? Anxious to hear of people's experiences.

Thanks!

I have. Yes, it had all the information that was in the FSM including wiring diagrams and illustrations.

The layout was a little different but nothing big.

I have it on both my cars and a Fusion. They are complete. I have heard other complain about it being incomplete for their cars, though, so YMMV.

I have it for our Town and Country. Haven't needed to hit it too hard yet, just torque specs on a brake job. Definitely a lot of information there.

Assuming you have got good Googling (or ebay) skills, you should be able to find actual factory service manual somewhere on the vast confines of the internet.

I have for cars that were passing through my garage for which I could not quickly find or buy reasonable OEM factory service manuals and they did the job.

Try not to misplace your login user name and/or password. Online customer service was not their strong point; at least in 2011/2012.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Assuming you have got good Googling (or ebay) skills, you should be able to find actual factory service manual somewhere on the vast confines of the internet.

I tried that with our van, like I had for my Neon, and past Caliber and Grand Cherokee, but there were not any reasonably priced options for the '12 T&C. So a subscription to AllData was a little more palatable than a full price manual on DVD.

After a quick glance, I was disappointed to see that they are several years behind on many models, only going up to the 2011 model year on many.

Am I missing something?

Quote:
I tried that with our van, like I had for my Neon, and past Caliber and Grand Cherokee, but there were not any reasonably priced options for the '12 T&C. So a subscription to AllData was a little more palatable than a full price manual on DVD.
Was there a model change over in '12? If not, could not search for older model FSM?

If you haven't checked TechAuthority lately, it's worth looking again. They've slashed the prices on a bunch of their service materials. Manual for my Grand Cherokee is en route.

Still far more expensive than Alldata, but if you want or need the FSM details...

Depending on what you are doing, registering at the AZ site will give you access to repair manuals and diagrams. Although the printable and well detailed diagrams of Alldata are clearly better than the sometimes poorly scanned rough copies that AZ provides.

I had Alldata for two years until I bought the factory service manuals off eBay.

The information is taken directly out of the factory service manuals word for word and page for page.

I have it for several vehicles. I find it often lacking, and it seems as time marches on they get worse about that.
I have a 96 F350 and there is a lot of stuff on the factory DVD that isn't in Alldata. Problem is my DVD is so old I doubt I can even run it on Win8! When I find it again I'm going to try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back