All season tires with rim protection for Honda Accord?

Hello guys! So I'm looking for all season tires for my Honda Accord with the built in rim protector edge. Tire size is 225-50-R17. I'd like something decent in snow but also rated to at least 60,000 miles or more(80k would be sweet! I have Continental Extreme Contact DW06 but they wore out in 30,000 miles so I wont buy them again. Rim protection is a must because this tire size has no side wall meat to protect the rim against curbs. Unfortunately most brands dont have this feature listed so I'm going off pictures and it is really hard to tell which has rim protection or not. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Take a look at the Toyo Extensa, it looks like it has side wall protection that's above the rim, almost mid side wall. I do not have a set of these tires, but they are ones that I'm looking at buying for my Mustang.

I'm so ****ing old I didn't even know they made tires that specifically protect a wheel from curbing.
Usually buy the best tire in the desired dimensions, adjust sideview mirror, don't hit the curb.
Rim protector beads have been around since I can remember. You really have to make an effort if you want to scuff your wheel on a curb if your tire has a fat rim protector bead. The bead protrudes about half an inch beyond the edge of the rim. It's a bit like a torpedo belt on a battleship.

Last edited:
It seems that more tires are coming with that in recent times.
Rim protection is more common with low-profile tires and those are ever more popular. That's probably the main reason why tires with integrated rim protection are now more common. There are also reusable rim protection products that can be retrofitted to most wheels.

Hello guys! So I'm looking for all season tires for my Honda Accord with the built in rim protector edge. Tire size is 225-50-R17. I'd like something decent in snow but also rated to at least 60,000 miles or more(80k would be sweet! I have Continental Extreme Contact DW06 but they wore out in 30,000 miles so I wont buy them again. Rim protection is a must because this tire size has no side wall meat to protect the rim against curbs. Unfortunately most brands dont have this feature listed so I'm going off pictures and it is really hard to tell which has rim protection or not. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

The photo shows your exact size. Just don't expect the PureContact to handle like a ExtremeContact DWS

If the brakes are the same in I4 vs V6 Accords, you can go down to 16 inch wheels and use 215/60-16

Not only will your tires be nice and safe, but you will also enjoy a smoother ride too :)

Get something with the 3-peak sign for the snow.

i don't get how people hit the curb so much. I've only hit the curb on purpose, like running it over instead of making a 3 point turn, although i have 6-8 inches of sidewall so it doesn't matter.

Thanks gentlemen! So I never hit curbs but it's a nice feature just to be safe since this size is pretty flush plus it looks cool. Does anyone know about the Fullway brand HP108 tires? They have decent reviews and are very affordable.

if you can get them in your size.. Michelin defender ltx tires, made for light trucks and SUVs. almost 100,000 miles on my parents car, one tire is finally at the wear bar and the others aren't far behind it. they probably don't come in your size.

i don't get how people hit the curb so much. I've only hit the curb on purpose, like running it over instead of making a 3 point turn, although i have 6-8 inches of sidewall so it doesn't matter.
Protecting the wheel from curb rash is only one scenario, and I don't know about you but I don't trust valets or mechanics maneuvering my vehicle. Have you ever damaged the rim of a wheel when hitting a pothole that was filled with water on a wet road?

Protecting the wheel from curb rash is only one scenario, and I don't know about you but I don't trust valets or mechanics maneuvering my vehicle. Have you ever damaged the rim of a wheel when hitting a pothole that was filled with water on a wet road?
no, the roads here aren't bad, it never rains, and I have 30 inch tires on 16 inch rims so that pothole would have to be massive. i see your point about letting others drive, they might mess up your shiny rims.

Back