All front end parts are worn out on the dodge.

What is it with dodge only getting 100k out of suspension components? Everything except the upper control arm bushings were shot. The lower control arm bushings were bad a long time ago, but they weren't making any noise so I left them alone until today. So those were original at 223k

If you didnt know, Dodge and ball joints were a common curse word for the past, oh, 30 years. Probably longer. BTW, how are your ball joints?

Oh I know, the question is why doesn't dodge fix these things. I wonder if the newer trucks have the same issue. Mines a 3rd gen 2007 model

What is it with dodge only getting 100k out of suspension components? Everything except the upper control arm bushings were shot. The lower control arm bushings were bad a long time ago, but they weren't making any noise so I left them alone until today. So those were original at 223k
What kind of vehicle is this?

07-12 Silverados are the same way 100,000 miles and it’s ball joint time, especially if you actually use it like a truck.

07-12 Silverados are the same way 100,000 miles and it’s ball joint time, especially if you actually use it like a truck.
Bingo. I have one with 97k miles. Within the past few months, both front wheel bearings have gone out, and in the process I found both lower ball joints to be loose.

Drove my 2002 to the Mopar dealer and told him the front end was really shot at 92k - thinking about repairing or trading … they knocked $1k off the trade on a shiny new 2013 …

Maybe the worn out parts that you didn't fix caused the other parts to wear out prematurely?

1707353566163.jpeg
83000 miles, ball joints are still good

Back