Alisyn Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any users, opinions, comments, questions, on this one. Found this nebbing on ebay, pulled up the site, and looks good, but we all know how that goes on website appearance and wording.
cheers.gif

Ok, now that I see that everyone is ever so interested in my posts, I have to say this:

1) I'm not a tribologist, nor at my age am I going to pay the amount of money to become one or to find out all of the intricate details of base oils, additives, and blending of the two into a viable, usuable lubricant for my engines.

2) I DO try to contribute to the forums what information that I can from the very informative posts that the likes of MolaKule, bruce381, Johnny, and many others, that through this forum have learned quite a bit about lubricants and the properties of them. I cannot offer, however, what I do not know to be true. Yes, I make mistakes, misquote things, get numbers wrong, information mixed up with different things, but I do try to be honest and sincere, except for the occasional funny and/or jabbing post. We all do them to each other sometimes. I'm no different.

3) I also, like the newbies, and not so well read or informed members of this forum, ask more questions than sometimes I answer or contribute to. That, my friends, is part of the whole process. Sharing of opinions, facts, information (allowing the breathing room for the proprietary, even I know that doesn't have to be told, as the companies won't tell you about their formulations either), is how we all help one another.

I would like to think that since we all are members here, we all enjoy that whole process. But, lately, it seems that every Tom, ****, and Harry that asks about Mobil 1, Castol GC, MC, Pennzoil, QS, RP, Amsoil, Havoline, and Valvoline seems to get 2000 opinions, comments, and questions about those products in their engines and should they use them. Now I ask about the lesser discussed, higher priced, and more unique boutique oils, not so commonly used, and I get.....nothing, or what so special about that, or it is ovepriced junk.

As I've stated before, everyone here is entitled to each's opinion to use and not use whatever they decide, that's the right to choose. But it would be courteous to also offer those opinions, comments, and questions to whoever asks about whatever product is out there.

Mobil, Castrol, Pennzoil, and Valvoline are NOT THE ONLY OILS OUT THERE!!!! I choose NOT to use them, that is my choice and my peragative, BUT RESPONDING TO MY QUESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

I respond and contribute to the above mentioned oils, all I ask is the same. You cannot tell me that out of almost 18,000 members, that I'm the ONLY one that has heard of this product. For crying out loud, people are STILL asking if this particular CP product will hurt or help my engine, and YOU STILL repond, even if it is to sign and say NO.

Whatever...I'll still be here tomorrow.

I am only familiar with Castrol's Transyn formulated for the allison trans. Do they have an engine oil as well?

OK. Never heard of it. But I have noticed a plethora of small oil blenders popping up. Nothing wrong with that!

So many oils, so little time. But if there is any hint that any of these are China derived, then no thanks. I had to wedge that in. Sorry.

Sorry that I forgot to mention you guys as good guys Pablo and Salesrep, my bag..

I found it believe it or not, on ebay, and I would post the link, except that the direct website to the product, sells it direct. Google it and it comes up right away. It's made here (but I know that that doesn't necessarily mean that the basestock comes from here).

Really was just wondering if there was anyone with experience, or had even heard of it.

Thanks for the responses Pablo and Salesrep.
smile.gif

Let me clear up some posters' confusion.
"Alisyn" is an anagram of "Aerospace Lubricants Inc" and "synthetic".
I Googled "alisyn", and found the ALI site.
Their engine oil seems to have outstanding specs, although it is not cheap. Still, if one wanted to try it, a five quart change would only cost about $17.00 more than GC on sale, which isn't that bad spread over 6-7K. Also, how cool would a couple of gallons of this stuff be in your stash?
I would like to see someone do a few runs of this oil with UOAs. If it is really all that it seems it might be, it could be valuable to drivers of certain machines that are known to be tough on oil.
Maybe the OP would consider it?

Gedcruise, I was interested, that's why I posted it in the first place. I have a few different ones that I'm looking at, and this was one.

I purchased some of their gear oil... probably 15 years ago. Seemed to be good stuff. Haven't heard much about them since.

Quote:

Ok, now that I see that everyone is ever so interested in my posts, I have to say this:

1) I'm not a tribologist, nor at my age am I going to pay the amount of money to become one or to find out all of the intricate details of base oils, additives, and blending of the two into a viable, usuable lubricant for my engines.

2) I DO try to contribute to the forums what information that I can from the very informative posts that the likes of MolaKule, bruce381, Johnny, and many others, that through this forum have learned quite a bit about lubricants and the properties of them. I cannot offer, however, what I do not know to be true. Yes, I make mistakes, misquote things, get numbers wrong, information mixed up with different things, but I do try to be honest and sincere, except for the occasional funny and/or jabbing post. We all do them to each other sometimes. I'm no different.

3) I also, like the newbies, and not so well read or informed members of this forum, ask more questions than sometimes I answer or contribute to. That, my friends, is part of the whole process. Sharing of opinions, facts, information (allowing the breathing room for the proprietary, even I know that doesn't have to be told, as the companies won't tell you about their formulations either), is how we all help one another.

I would like to think that since we all are members here, we all enjoy that whole process. But, lately, it seems that every Tom, ****, and Harry that asks about Mobil 1, Castol GC, MC, Pennzoil, QS, RP, Amsoil, Havoline, and Valvoline seems to get 2000 opinions, comments, and questions about those products in their engines and should they use them. Now I ask about the lesser discussed, higher priced, and more unique boutique oils, not so commonly used, and I get.....nothing, or what so special about that, or it is ovepriced junk.

As I've stated before, everyone here is entitled to each's opinion to use and not use whatever they decide, that's the right to choose. But it would be courteous to also offer those opinions, comments, and questions to whoever asks about whatever product is out there.

Mobil, Castrol, Pennzoil, and Valvoline are NOT THE ONLY OILS OUT THERE!!!! I choose NOT to use them, that is my choice and my peragative, BUT RESPONDING TO MY QUESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

I respond and contribute to the above mentioned oils, all I ask is the same. You cannot tell me that out of almost 18,000 members, that I'm the ONLY one that has heard of this product. For crying out loud, people are STILL asking if this particular CP product will hurt or help my engine, and YOU STILL repond, even if it is to sign and say NO.

Whatever...I'll still be here tomorrow.

Dad2leia, take a deep breath and relax, this was a holiday weekend. Now tomorrow is here.

I have tried their bio 2-cycle oil and had very good results with it, but for my application I have found others that work just as well for less money. They do make some speciality products that are used by our defense department and they seem to be popular with some of those in the boat racing industry. Here is an article where their gear oil and their 2-cycle was tested. Call their 800 and talk with Scott, he seems like a straight shooter.

http://www.screamandfly.com/home/evaluations/alisyn_progear21/1.htm

cheers.gif

Seems like it worked very well in that particular application, so one could conclude that if they put the same thought and care into the 4 stroke lubricants that they do the gear oils and 2 stroke oils, they make a very good product indeed....decisions, decisions.

Sorry for the ranting Johnny, been couped up all holiday weekend as the family was sick.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back