Airstrikes in Syria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Originally Posted By: Concours14
Well, China could pour their billion-man Army in there and clean it up right QUICK. Then, they could stick a straw in the sand and suck every drop of oil out of there they can haul out. And they won't trouble themselves over cultural sensitivities or distinctions over civilian or military. Kill a Chinese soldier, they'll kill everyone in the village. It's their oil, their contracts, let THEM handle it.

Suits me. All I know is, I don't want any of our guys involved on the ground. Not anymore. Iraq had their chance and they blew it.

Um, what? China does not have a "billion man army," the PLA is more like three million IIRC. And even there, it is considered a bloated and overly political force where large numbers actually hinder its effectiveness - which is why they have been reducing numbers...

I was wrong, according to Wiki, the PLA Ground Forces are about 1.6 million strong. The largest standing army, but probably statistically smaller than ours if proportion to the populace...

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: dave1251
I am happy there are reports of air strikes against Al-Qaeda affiliates such as the Khorasan group that are also fighting ISIS.

What the vast majority of Americans are not being told is the Free Syrian Army(moderate rebels) is allied with Al-Qaeda and it many affiliates and offshoots in Syria against Bashar Al-Assad first and ISIS second.

So what? Most Americans bothering to pay attention can easily read this. They would also know that we're tacitly allied with the Iranians against ISIS. The enemy of my enemy is my (temporary) friend. And that many of the rich [censored] in our "Allied" nations (such as in the House of Saud) support ISIS, or at least supported them until they became a Frankenstein-monster of criminal syndicate...

One can quite logically argue that ISIS largely exists because we ignored the largely moderate anti-Assad resistance early on...

I doubt your faith in Americans situational awareness will be justified. Most Americans can not tell you there is 3 branches of federal Government.

Okay, so what is your solution?

Admit your fallacy for once would be very much appreciated for starters. At least by me. If you do not all is not lost.

Originally Posted By: Throckmorton

Okay, so what is your solution?
We could stay out of it. That's what the former head of the CIA's Osama Bin Laden units says we should do:

http://scotthorton.org/interviews/2014/09/18/091814-michael-scheuer/

Too late the U.S. could move every citizen and business out of the region these loons will still come after us. This concept is just too foreign for most Americans to understand.

The bible predicts 1/3 of mankind will die from a war emitting from the Euphrates river. The Euphrates river runs through the heart of Syria and Iraq. This is probably the beginning of World War III.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
The bible predicts 1/3 of mankind will die from a war emitting from the Euphrates river. The Euphrates river runs through the heart of Syria and Iraq. This is probably the beginning of World War III.

Believe it or not, I personally believe WWIII has been going on for awhile now. It is just starting to heat up into a full blown fire.

Hate in the middle east is biblical. More people have been killed in the name of religion than any other cause. They kill each other simply because they don't believe the same, even though they follow the same religion the different sects can't agree who is right. Sunnis hate Shiites who hate the Kurds who hate the Sunnis and on and on. Then throw the Jews in the mix of whom they all hate and now the Christians. They're will never be peace in the middle east...Never. It's biblical!

we should stay the bleep out of it, getting tired of the propaganda to sway general opinion to the boooogie man of the day.

Guess who is paying for the million dollars air strikes?

FARMCUW.jpg

Run for President and you have my vote!

Originally Posted By: Concours14
Other than protecting through air strikes and arming the Kurds, who can be re-supplied by air with all the best killing gear the American taxpayer can buy, I'm all for allowing Islamics to kill Islamics. They're the same brand of the same animal. It isn't worth even one more of our guys and not even worth one more $2,000,000 cruise missile. Not one. When the dust settles, China can buy their oil from the last man standing, a man who will be a man not unlike 1970's-era Saddam Hussein as the Sunni Muslims seem willing to commit the most heinous brutalities.

It's a feral region, they'll cut their own mothers' throats for a dollar, the only measure of value is destruction. He who kills best garners the most and even the members of the strongman's camp wants him dead so THEY can grab the brass ring. We were idiots to think they could be civilized, and I was one of those that once thought they could. It's a hopeless region to deal with and now that we don't need the oil, the Asians can have their turn at it..

John McCain is an American war hero who was shot down over Vietnam during the Vietnam war/conflict and was held captive and tortured for 5 years. I can imagine his physical skills were affected during that time, but certainly not his cognitive skills. Like or not his political stance, he is not unlike say... the president, claiming 3 weeks ago that ISIS was like a JV team and there would be no air strikes on Syria and then flip flopping 180 degrees. Not unlike Finland during WWII who sucked up to the Nazis and then the USSR then finally the U.S. and it's allies. If not for allied heroes not unlike McCain during WWII, Finland might well be speaking German or Russian today.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
I am just glad they are finally going after ISIS in Syria and also the Khorasan organization that a lot of people probably have not heard about. That Khorasan group was trying to attack either Western Europe or the USA.

The Khorasan organization was apparently very close to actually launching an attack on either a country in Western Europe or the USA. Hopefully they have been set back.

Attacking ISIS in Syria and Iraq has to help slow them down. Some people have said they will just hide in the civilian population now. Well, that is fine. Because in order to launch an attack they have to come out and actually attack somewhere.

I don't understand why we bombed their buildings at night. As i said in another thread i wish we had boomed in the morning as those buildings would be filled with busy isis members. I fear we bombed empty buildings at night.

Which verse is that ?

People believing that their cryptic religious dogmas are the absolute truth - even capable of predicting the future, apparently! - is not limited to ISIS, I see.

Originally Posted By: Olas
Terrorism is a subjective term.

The 'Americans' were thought to be terrorists when they wanted independence from the crown.

I don't know but flying planes into building full of civilians and hacking peoples heads off on TV alone, pretty much qualifies you as a terrorist IMHO.

My only question to this whole thing is.. Whats the mission? Its all well and good tossing a few bombs around but to what end?
If POTUS comes out today and says i want to kill every last one of these bastar.. walking the earth and will stop at nothing to do it. I will give him kudos and my full support!

If throwing a billion dollars (hypothetical number) of bombs on a few building to look good for political reasons like the upcoming mid terms then i think something else should be done to him and i wont post that opinion here.
If its going to take troops to do that one thing, don't use them in an half arsed fashion for your own political gains or what your visions of what the world should look like. .

The Bible? Using that piece of literature as a predictor of the future or some sort of guide to what is going on is about as viable as what the radical Islamists do with the Koran.
Best to stick to reality instead of mysticism.
My opinion only.

Trav, this concerns me also. If bombing at this time is just for political reasons and to try to improve the President's low public opinion figures I hate politics myself. Nothing should be done just for political reasons.

I do think something has to be done about ISIS eventually. ISIS is so horrible they make even some other terrorist organizations look moderate. And at least up until now they were recruiting more and more members. Turkey could put a stop to that if Turkey wanted to. Because apparently most of the new recruits are coming through Turkey.

And I can't understand giving ISIS virtually a warning of the coming attacks days in advance and bombing at night when probably most of the ISIS people in those buildings were there in the daytime. If they are actually trying to avoid casualties among ISIS personnel that is insane. This is a war no matter what anybody wants to call it. Plus any important equipment could have been removed from the buildings and moved somewhere else with all of the days in advance warning. If we wound up bombing essentially empty buildings I have a real problem with that.

This bombing cannot defeat ISIS. But it can force them to hide behind civilians in civilian areas and they can't attack too easily if they are unable to come out into the open. And the civilians in those areas might get very tired of the brutal mistreatment by these ISIS thugs.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

The Bible? Using that piece of literature as a predictor of the future or some sort of guide to what is going on is about as viable as what the radical Islamists do with the Koran.
Best to stick to reality instead of mysticism.
My opinion only.

here's the onion, people in power might use the bible to fulfill messianic ambitions, and therefore make the stuff come true.

I trust the military's judgment in carrying out missions particularly under this president.

Don't forget this is the president who got Bin Laden and even saved the lives of the Seal team by insisting on a back up helicopter for that mission.

No president has a better record for killing and capturing top terrorist leaders.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
we should stay the bleep out of it, getting tired of the propaganda to sway general opinion to the boooogie man of the day.

Guess who is paying for the million dollars air strikes?

You are correct.

Problem is the Military Industrial Complex and Global Jewry are hungry for war and they control our government.

We have no stake in the Middle East and should have NEVER been involved there, before the Ashkanazi jews invaded Palestine in the 1930s and we helped them to steal the land from the native inhabitants (which are also Christian as well as Muslim) the US had decent relations with those countries because we had no reason to be there. The Ashkanazi want to create a "Greater Israel" which they arrogantly believe they are entitled to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back