Air compressor oil - Aeon vs Syncon

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Gardner Denver air compressor that specifies Aeon 4000, an ISO 46 Group III air compressor oil. We have some ConocoPhillips Syncon R&O 46, an ISO 46 synthetic PAO air compressor oil.

I haven't found a good cross-reference that says the oils are the same, which makes sense to me since one is a Group III and the other is PAO, but Amsoil's website says their PC Series Air Compressor Oil is a replacement for both.

1. Can we safely use the Syncon in place of the Aeon?
2. Can we top off or mix the two oils?

Thanks in advance,
-Clay

An air compressor for industrial applications is not the place to experiment based on internet message board recommendations. You are officially out of the bush league on this one.

Consult with your OEM. Follow their guidance.

Originally Posted by Imp4
An air compressor for industrial applications is not the place to experiment based on internet message board recommendations. You are officially out of the bush league on this one.

Consult with your OEM. Follow their guidance.

I would agree !

You want good compressor oils, Summit Industrial Products (Kluber Company). We have 4 newer Atlas Copco rotary screws. All newer full featured with built in dryers. We would varnish up their OEM PAO in 800 hours. We had high IOS particle counts within 800hrs and slowly increasing. Even Summit's great PAO SH46 that has a nice amount of POE would varnish up. I then went to their Ultima 46 (iso 46) which is made for problematic or high heat compressors (ALL Atlas Copco) that I think have a hot spot in their design. OEM PAO oil $530 5/gal. Summit Industrial Products SH46 (PAO) $250 5 gal. and their POE Ultima 46 for $300 for 5 gals is a no brainier. Good for 12,000 hrs. I go 9,000 hrs. And it UOA's just fine with the 9,000 with a large amount left in it. You get FREE oil analysis with Summit Industrial Product oils.

Call the OEM Atlas Copco for guidance "give me a break" WORTHLESS!!! in any help to fix their "PAO Oil Killer " rotary screws. They though I was a nut case, trying to track down why I was varnishing up at 800 hrs, I had a nice Polaris Lab bills trying to get my compressors in line. Now smooth sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back