AFE Pro Dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
When you oil a gauze filter, oil only the filtration side and use quick sweeping passes, don't overlap, and don't then start worrying and spraying even more and more. Any area that was barely missed will get oil to bleed in. If you're careful, all it takes is about 3 or 4 very quick passes one way with the spray can for a panel filter. That's all it takes.

Thanks, i never had an issue before....i dont know what happened.

Even though I am very pleased with the AFE Pro Dry S filter, I am willing to try an Amsoil EAA when/if it becomes available.
I think synthetic material is a good choice due to better air flow than paper and the fact it can absorb a huge quantity of airborne debris before performance is negatively affected.

Originally Posted By: harry j
Even though I am very pleased with the AFE Pro Dry S filter, I am willing to try an Amsoil EAA when/if it becomes available.
I think synthetic material is a good choice due to better air flow than paper and the fact it can absorb a huge quantity of airborne debris before performance is negatively affected.

I got rid of the oil type and now use the Pro Dry S in the Jetta as well...nice looking filter.

I love my Pro Dry. I bought the entire CAI from aFe for my FJ Cruiser. It is basically the same as the TRD intake offered for the FJ, except TRD comes with an oiled filter. Great construction as everyone mentioned and top notch quality on all parts delivered.

I just cleaned my PRO DRY S after 12,000 miles. It looked pretty clean, so I just banged a couple of times on the counter top and reinstalled. A bunch of sand and grass clippings remained on the counter, that was it. Sure beats the rigamarole of washing, drying, and oiling.

Holy thread resurrection!! Oh wait, it is me.

I just ordered the AFE for the wife's Escape 2.3L. She wanted to be more environmentally conscious in EVERYTHING so I'm putting her on a "lifetime" air filter.

I'll try and report any MPG increases. I have never done a UOA on her vehicle so I can't really compare it to anything when I get it in there. Maybe I'll do a UOA real quick before I install it.

This is best after market drop-in filter. Washable and no oiling is needed. No significant difference in fuel economy and best of all it last forever and forever...

Originally Posted By: killagt
what is best cheap place to order these filter ? thanks

I found my best price with free shipping on amazon.com. Be prepared for some lead time, though. It will not ship anywhere close to immediately. It looks like they still are making them as they get orders for them.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

ultimatetruck.com

That is where I order from yesterday. how long is these filter require to be clean ? i dont live in dirt place at all.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

ultimatetruck.com

That is where I order from yesterday. how long is these filter require to be clean ? i dont live in dirt place at all.

It all depends on your conditions. I guess the only way to know for sure is by regular UOAs.

These filters have great flow and good filtering but they don't have great dust capacity. If you never see dirt roads and you don't live near any rock quarries, I'd guess 15,000 miles should be safe.

I have some pics of this filter. Sorry for the size but I wanted some detail. This filter is solid and has some serious mass to it. It is the highest quality filter I think I have ever seen with regards to build. The wire mesh is on both sides.

outside air side:
img0721m.jpg

Engine side:

img0720q.jpg

Side:

img0719b.jpg

Media:
img0724e.jpg

is those black rubber around the filter, its hard or soft ( flex ). thanks

It is definitely harder than the foam rubber gaskets your average Wix/Fram uses. But, it isn't perfectly rigid either. It conformed beautifully and compressed perfectly in my Escape's air box.

The filter is HEAVY. It probably weighs 2 or 3 times the wix I replaced.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
is those black rubber around the filter, its hard or soft ( flex ). thanks

It is definitely harder than the foam rubber gaskets your average Wix/Fram uses. But, it isn't perfectly rigid either. It conformed beautifully and compressed perfectly in my Escape's air box.

The filter is HEAVY. It probably weighs 2 or 3 times the wix I replaced.

thanks, cant wait for mine to get here.

Boys, this is a very good after market drop in air filter. Trust me good filtration and air-flow. Never ever regretted of buying this filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back