AFE Pro Dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Ive got the regular AFE oil type in both Tacoma and Jetta seems to do just fine.

The Pro Dry S doesn't have to be oiled, a big plus for me. Cleaning it couldn't be easier. All this would be for naught if the filter didn't perform well. Happily, this is not the case, the Pro Dry S is a quality item that really works!

harry j,

Your information gave me the extra "push" I needed to buy a Pro Dry S for my Scion xB. I was looking for some type of performance air filter to throw in there but did want to buy any of the oiled filters. Mainly, I couldn't find much information about AFE before but now I see everybody around here seems to love them. So, I ordered my filter and hope to see it next week to see how it performs!

Thanks for posting all the information!

Originally Posted By: xBa380
harry j,

Your information gave me the extra "push" I needed to buy a Pro Dry S for my Scion xB. I was looking for some type of performance air filter to throw in there but did want to buy any of the oiled filters. Mainly, I couldn't find much information about AFE before but now I see everybody around here seems to love them. So, I ordered my filter and hope to see it next week to see how it performs!

I liked it's performance so much, I bought 3 of them. Silicon levels according to the UOA's are very low and then there's that performance. I'm sure you're going to really like the Dro Pro S. Please keep in touch with your impressions.
Thanks for posting all the information!

I guess I have to thank Amsoil for making me think about a superior filter to the paper type, and then not making one available for my '93 Civic.It started me searching for a paper filter replacement. I came up with the AFE. Now after using it for over 20,000 miles, I am glad I did.

I should add I also picked one of for my new SVT Contour. Amazing how cheap they were when you search for a mustang filter instead.

The latest UOA shows that using a brand new Pro Dry S, the silicon reading was 14 PPM. I noticed this the first time I used the AFE. The Silicon level goes down with use. The second UOA (~3,000 miles), showed a level of 5 PPM and the last one, before I went to a clean Pro Dry S, was only 3 PPM.

So you're saying the clean filter raised numbers, then it lowered numbers and then you cleaned it and it lowered numbers?

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
So you're saying the clean filter raised numbers, then it lowered numbers and then you cleaned it and it lowered numbers?

A new Pro Dry S raised the Silicon level. If left in for a few thousand miles, about 6,000 I think, the Silicon level will go down. This is according to 3 UOAs. First UOA showed a level of 13 PPM Silicon, the second 5 PPM, the third 3 PPM. Now with a new AFE installed, not the original one, the latest UOA showed a 14 PPM Silicon level. I expect this number to decrease with use. Stay tuned, I will post the results in another 6 weeks or so.

Received my AFE pro-dry today and it ended up being the wrong model... I called them and it was a pain to explain why I should not have to pay shipping back to them, for are error THEY did. (autoparts warehouse).

Luckily, they said will finally so I will be returning the one they sent me once I receive my RMA.

I then called AFE directly and placed my order through them. None on stock so they have to make it but will probably have in 2-3 weeks. I don't mind, as long as it's not screwed up again
wink.gif

From the look of this filter though, it is EXTREMELY high quality. Very impressed with the pleat depth and construction. Can't wait to get my right one to try it out...

I hate when that happens. 3 or 4 weeks seems to be the normal waiting time for the AFE filter. I ordered three of them. They all took over a month to get here. I ordered them on 3 different occasions.

I figured it would take about that long. He told me it would take ten days or so to build it and since it is coming from Cali, take another five days to arrive via UPS.

I figured 3-4 weeks. I just can't wait to try it out!

I figured it would take about that long. He told me it would take ten days or so to build it and since it is coming from Cali, take another five days to arrive via UPS.

I figured 3-4 weeks. I just can't wait to try it out!

BTW, don't mind the box it comes in, it's for another filter. The Pro Dry S is a shade of gray and I think you will find it incredibly well made. I guess it's because the sales volume is so low, that it is not worth printing up a new box at this time.
The instruction that come with it are the wrong ones too....you don't want to oil this filter!

My AFE came in the old box but had both the Pro Dry S instructions and an information sheet about the oiled filters performance.

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
My AFE came in the old box but had both the Pro Dry S instructions and an information sheet about the oiled filters performance.

I think they could do a better job of it. No matter really, the Pro Dry S is a well made filter and should effectively last a long time while giving good engine protection.

Should have my filter Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to try it out!

Great! let us know what you think about it.

Although I am using a Pro Dry S in my 1993 Civic 1.5, I look forward to trying an Amsoil filter if they ever see fit to manufacture one.

Originally Posted By: harry j
AFE Pro Dry S model # 31-10149 fits the Fit.

Do you guys order directly from Advanced Flow Engineering or retailers. Is 31-10149 air filter bump seal urethane red in color and filter media greyish color. I need 2 pieces and if someone can provide link for fast shipping and good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back