Advice on eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Friday, both of my cars were egegd pretty badly.

The new one came up pretty good (hit the rear plastic window, which cleaned up well).

The 4Runner copped one in the rear door, and one in the driver's door.

A few bucks at the local car-wash, with the pressure washer running full tilt got some water under it and it scraped off with a finger nail (eww).

Today, the better half goes to drive to the shops, and they've done it agin (4Runner only).

Any tips on making this an easier process ?

quote:

Today, the better half goes to drive to the shops, and they've done it agin (4Runner only).

Next time, hide in the back of the truck with a good supply of eggs and nail the bastards.

I would wax your car with some strong wax. Eggs have been known to strip paint off and even make dents. My friends jeep got egged and it took tons of paint off and we cleaned it within 10 minutes. If you have some wax on, at least the eggs will stick to the wax and not the paint and you just recover the area. The wax will also allow you to get it off easier because it wont bind to the paint.

You can also get some detailing clay from autozone, etc. You wet the paint a little bit and then rub the clay over it. Clay is very useful as it gets almost anything off.

Best solution: about a gallon of gasoline -- thrown on the miscreant who has sufficient time on his hands that he can spend time egging other people's cars. Followed, of course, by a lit match!
mad.gif

Wow...twice. Last year my BMW was egged on Haloween. Pressure washer at the local coin-op car wash got all the egg off, but the exploding shells left a circular crushed-shell appearance chipped into the paint that I was unable to get off until the said panels were repainted earlier this year. Upsetting I know.....

Never tried the clay bar...though....

My wife's car got egged 5 year ago.

It cracked the clear coat. I was amazed.

Raw chicken egg. I don't remember how I cleaned it off but I think I used dishwashing soap, neat. Followed with a good rinse, wash and wax.

You have eggers out in public?? YIKES.....

Nah,
my limit is 5.56 @600 metres.

Admitedly it's at the range, which is very clearly marked as to distances, and I only have to hit something the size of a dinner plate.

(The B92 in .44Magnum at 50 yards is much much more fun, anyway)

High Plains Drifter...Excellent memory! I wouldn't argue that.
Dinner plate size targets are good....It fits into the "get the message across" zone.
wink.gif

FYI..one of the best shoots I've heard about was an Aussie advisor in SE Asia circa 1965 (?), 500 yard shot across a water filled agricultural field
wink.gif
, offhand, Aussie equivalent FN-FAL...1 shot into the think tank...so to speak.
cheers.gif

[ December 30, 2004, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: carl97ss ]

Preventive: car wax

More Preventive: car cover

Most Preventive: Garage

The Very Most Preventive: Befriend with others and resolve conflict, so no one egg your cars (kind of unrealistic like communism).

Pandabear,
the first of your list aren't really options in this case.

The last would be an option, if these hooligans had any beef with me, or the rest of the town.

It's end of school year, and same as for the last 5 years, we have 15 year olds roaming the streets drunk at 3AM.

Why would anyone want to throw an egg at a car? I did some stupid stuff when I was a kid, but I never pulled that stunt.

quote:

Originally posted by Racerjk:
Why would anyone want to throw an egg at a car? I did some stupid stuff when I was a kid, but I never pulled that stunt.

i hear ya. i knew people who did back in high school.. im glad i wasnt one of them. i had no idea they caused so much damage.
gr_eek2.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Racerjk:

1. Easy to obtain, take from mommies fridge.

2. Nice shape, easy to throw.

3. Makes satisfying splat when they hit the target.

4. Makes disgusting looking mess.

5. Most of the retards throwing them probably don't realize how much damage they do. If they were out to do damage, they could throw a lot of other things that would do more damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back