Advice needed on car smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I was curious about this situation so i PMed twizy to find out how this went.

Here's how twizy responded:

"I did do the piston soak, unfortunately my engine actually failed during the process, not from the piston soak but I think just from age. One piston completely lost compression, so I am in the process of replacing the engine."

You said that the spark plug was covered in oil, perhaps it needs a new spark plug gasket? I don't know if it's in any way similar to my Honda B18, but when there's oil in the cylinder it's usually because the gasket needs to be replaced. Just food for thought
smile.gif

Advice needed on car smoking

WARNING: The surgeon general has determined that car smoking is hazardous to your health.

If this is my car and I have some vacation time, I would tear it apart and perform a thorough inspection to see what's at fault.

Bu then again, this isn't my car and people come post here typically looking for easy way out. Things like (ring fix in a can, smoke free, motor-hunny are big sellers for people just don't seem to care or too ignorant to understand the economics behind it).

Yeah, as a car owner, one may argue the economics of feeding an oil burner car with 1 qt every 300miles would be an "economic" thing to do but they typically tend to disregard the impact to other things surrounding them. Things like environment pollution, etc. At the end of all these, it would just come back and sting us.

Yes, I know there are some less-than-fortunate people who need to make the most out of their vehicle and I understand/forgive them. Truth is, people shall be penalised for not properly maintaing their vehicle the day the purchased it. And manufacturers of inferior quality products shall also be penalised for dumping "garbage" into the market with unacceptable service life for the sake of "planned obsolescence".

Well, enough personal ranting already. Back to lurking/invisible mode I go...

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back