Honda Experts Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, hoping some Honda guys/gals would be able to chime in and offer me some advice. A recent purchase of a 2008 Honda Accord to the household meant for a young adult as the primary driver, and was a kind of a rush purchase because of needing a car after the old was wrecked. First the basics, 2008 Honda Accord, Ex-l, 2.4 PZEV engine, about 150k on the odometer. I Do not know much of the history, other than the rings were replaced about 125k or so under the Honda program for oil consumption. The problem: CEL with a P0507 RPM higher than expected, and it does higher than normal, 1,000 RPM and sometimes gets a little wacky when coasting at low speeds. I think past owner was aware of the issue, and was clearing the code as needed.. shame on me for not hooking up my scan tool. So here we are. What I have checked. I have disconnected brake booster and capped, purge valve, checked intake manifold and pcv. All one at a time, to make no difference. Throttle body looks like it had a attempt at a cleaning, but not a very good job at it. I have not replaced anything or disturbed throttle body as I felt it was best not to disturb it at this point and my scan tool is able to check the position, and says cleaning is not required. I cannot say that without 100% certainty that its not vacuum leak, however I have found nothing to lead me to believe that, but I do not have a smoke machine to test. Fuel trims both short and long term are good, I do have a bi-directional scan tool however it does not support idle relearn. I have tried several attempts at the manual way to relearn idle according to the factory book, but have been unsuccessful. It is a DBW system so there is no IAC valve, does anyone have some suggestions?? Pattern failures for this vehicle/engine? Would a failing TB show these symptoms?

Go through all the hoses and connections and look for cracks and vacuum leaks. Try spraying different connections with carb cleaner and see if it affects idle.

You might want to check the temperature sensor in some cars the idle runs very high when cold.

Another item to look at is the idle motor if it has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back