Advanced Full Synthetic

not really. there was a time when there were oil that you needed to stay away from. this was in the 1940s-90s. or so when some oils would make sludge or varnish readily. some would shear down to water in a short time while others worked well. that when all of the oil additives rose to save the day (STP, MarvelMysteryOil, etc).

nowadays with the stronger and stronger API specs all oils the meet the latest api specs are good, this is assuming you are running a typical car/truck and not some high performance hot rod or track car,

I have run almost every oil on the shelf at walmart and the is very little difference between them. synthetics that is

There is some truth to "Advanced Full Synthetic"

Supertech in particular uses this verbiage for their extended interval oil which is intended for up to 20,000 miles versus their "Full Synthetic" variety for 10,000 miles. Castrol Edge is also a premium offering compared to Castrol Magnatec, but normal Edge in the black bottle is not an extended drain oil.

Valvoline's "Advanced Full Synthetic" is just their standard synthetic offering and they don't currently offer an extended drain interval oil.

In the end, it's the responsibility of the consumer to do their due diligence.

Supertech in particular uses this verbiage for their extended interval oil which is intended for up to 20,000 miles versus their "Full Synthetic" variety for 10,000 miles. Castrol Edge is also a premium offering compared to Castrol Magnatec, but normal Edge in the black bottle is not an extended drain oil.

Valvoline's "Advanced Full Synthetic" is just their standard synthetic offering and they don't currently offer an extended drain interval oil.

I dont disagree but there is no proof or standard, for or against "extended interval oil" It can be construed as marketing material because its a claim by the company making the product, not a criteria set by the API or any other industry accepted standard.
If you have an engine blow up because you didnt change the oil for 17000 miles the manufacturer warranty may be able to tie that to the problem with the engine.
I prefer to follow engine maker requirements then someone trying to sell me a product.
To be honest, all oil of the same API rating is considered equal in quality unless proven otherwise which never is and never accepted by engine makers unless specified by them.

A friend of mine told me that this "Advanced Fully Synthetic" labeled lubricants is much better than full synthetic lubricants. What is this advanced fully synthetic? Please advise.

Valvoline does have a extended oil but does not have it listed for mileage. Just more additives. Valvoline Extended.

From Valvoline FAQs.

Extended Protection Full Synthetic is our best performing motor oil. Ever.
valv-1253-team-v-ep-faqs-content-article-imgs-ep-bottle-header.jpg

What’s the difference between Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic and Extended Protection?

Advanced Full Synthetic is designed for hardworking cars, trucks and SUVs in the toughest conditions like stop & go driving, extreme temperatures, hauling and towing. Extended Protection builds on our advanced technology with the addition of an innovative booster for ultimate protection against wear and thermal breakdown, plus a fortified detergent system to maximize cleanliness to keep your engine like new.

Valvoline does have a extended oil but does not have it listed for mileage. Just more additives. Valvoline Extended.
Correct. I wonder if VEP is already capable of extended drains and Valvoline is intending to re-market that oil in a year or so as "newly improved for extended drains" once they have some more real-world results.

Correct. I wonder if VEP is already capable of extended drains and Valvoline is intending to re-market that oil in a year or so as "newly improved for extended drains" once they have some more real-world results.
My best guess would be no, Valvoline has never even hinted at going past the recommended OCI of the manufacturer, for as long as I've been going to their website it has always said to follow your owners manual.

A friend of mine told me that this "Advanced Fully Synthetic" labeled lubricants is much better than full synthetic lubricants. What is this advanced fully synthetic? Please advise.
Valvoline uses that label
as their main synthetic line.

Back