Advance or Super Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone read the latest Blackstone newsletter? They basically state that "oil is oil" and there is no appreciable difference in wear between any brands when switching between them.

I'm sure some can go longer distances, but as long as your OCI is reasonable...perhaps price should be the main concern.

You will be fine with either oil if you stay 5000 miles or less on your OCI. That includes using a cheap a$$ filter. All oils today with the SM rating can do 5000 miles easy.

Originally Posted By: RangerJ
Is there much difference between these two oils? I am considering them for an oil change for a 1993 Mercury Marquis with 93,000 4.6.Thanks

QS for $1 more so at least you know where it comes from.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Quote:
Super Tech is my opinion, you can get Quaker State for about a dollar more, I d take that over both the other two.
+1 I'd spend the buck a jug and go with QS Green.

Originally Posted By: sw99
Last I heard is that the AAP house brand oil made by Coastal / Warren-Unilube (Not WPP)

The 5w20 has WPP on the bottom of the jug/bottle which would mean that it is made by Warren Performance Packaging. And yes the 5w20 does (new) now come in a jug.

All the other weights have WNE which would mean bottled by Warren Dist., the parent company. As said, it could be Coastal/Warren Unilube, but I don't really know.

I believe Coastal makes AutoZone's house brand, not Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back