Ads on Bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are legit. We are trying to have the ads be as non-invasive as possible, but still pay the bills.
I have no problem with this site having adds but the one popping up now is annoying and constantly rolling or changing. If they could be put in a fixed place on the screen would be great instead of staying on the screen the whole time you are scrolling.

I also think the ads should be oil or automotive related if possible. I have legitimately seen and clicked on some interesting ads on this site for something that looks useful.

From what I've read in the past, that amount is not much per person.
Sites LIKELY get more when you click the ad
Sites LIKELY get even more if you make a purchase after clicking the ad
There's no "likely" about it. What you say is correct/true.

I won't apologize for not clicking on ads nor making a purchase by following an ad.

Okay I’ll join the complaint department and say I find the new ads annoying as heck. They do move around/increase in size and are in the way while using a mobile device. You can even see them dancing below the keyboard when typing.

How much additional revenue are we really talking about with these things?

Okay I’ll join the complaint department and say I find the new ads annoying as heck. They do move around/increase in size and are in the way while using a mobile device. You can even see them dancing below the keyboard when typing.

How much additional revenue are we really talking about with these things?
A cluster bombing of “likes” is plenty annoying too - but collects no revenue …

I've had 2 full page pop ups while browsing this forum just today. Imo it takes away the legitimacy of the site if you're going to allow pop ups. They're the "google" you're the so and so person to click this type of garbage. Ads are fine but please dont allow this to keep happening. I think I'm getting hacked every time.

I left the site at noon or 1 PM CST and am just coming back now at 7 PM CST. There are no more ads popping.........yet!
I haven't donated because I thought there was a minimum of $50 to donate. But, if we can donate a few dollars each month, I can surely do that. It might not be much, but if every member were to donate a few dollars every month this sites money woes would be solved.
Opinions?

I left the site at noon or 1 PM CST and am just coming back now at 7 PM CST. There are no more ads popping.........yet!
I haven't donated because I thought there was a minimum of $50 to donate. But, if we can donate a few dollars each month, I can surely do that. It might not be much, but if every member were to donate a few dollars every month this sites money woes would be solved.
Opinions?
Don’t know if I could don’t have a lot of money right now. And I have no way of paying online. I think ads maybe better.

Opinions?
73K members X $5 each, every month=$365,000 x12 months=$4,380,000.
Would that keep the site running? (y) ;)

Opinions?

Duh. If you didn't know you could donate so little you didn't really try.

That maybe so. I don’t have a steady job right now. And my parents don’t allow me to spend money online except certain sites and I don’t have a card to pay with.

You obviously really like this site. I can't imagine your parents would object to you spending a few quarters each month for a place where your weird predilections are truly accepted.

Reactions: JC1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back