Additive run down for my track use/HPDE

He only used one oil product, a lot of people run octane booster, water wetters and high quality brake fluid at any kind of race track.
Didn't feel like cross-posting in the coolant and fuel forums ahaha but just a catch-all here in the more traffic'd oil additive forum. The two above are not fans of MoS2 so no suprise with the comments. I have used it now twice for track use (before I ran with the Molygen oil) but now running HPL Euro 5W40 which has a lot of moly so won't be adding any this year. Quite a few VW/Audi track rats including some of the actual race cars like the MoS2 + the LLHT oil combo.

From a guy who races TCR cars.

"I recommend LIQUI MOLY Mos2 to anyone who drives on track as it aids in lubrication even in low or no oil pressure moments, and provides extreme heat protection too."

Never thought about the oil-starvation issues you can run into in higher-G track situations and the use of a product like this.

This guy? :unsure:

csm_Luca_GTI_Frontansicht_1140_c42074490b.jpg

From a guy who races TCR cars.

"I recommend LIQUI MOLY Mos2 to anyone who drives on track as it aids in lubrication even in low or no oil pressure moments, and provides extreme heat protection too."

Never thought about the oil-starvation issues you can run into in higher-G track situations and the use of a product like this.
Remember a lot of cars advise adding a bit more oil than the recommended if high stress situations are to be had. It's a big deal when your not running a high oil capacity or drysump. I would at very least use a bigger filter with a 10 row GReddy Oil Cooler and go up a wt.

This guy? :unsure:

csm_Luca_GTI_Frontansicht_1140_c42074490b.jpg
Not that one but at a shop that supports TCR cars, the shop that I use for my VWs (Euro only small mom/pop) that also builds/maintains/supports race cars has also commented that for those extreme cases (track use) they have recommended MoS2.

Back